Young Bull Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

LRTX1

Reaction score
Haven't posted pics lately and never of my bulls. Figured I might as well. Here is my bull. I got thick skin so say what you like or not. I'll tell y'all about him after some comments. :cboy:

I think he looks good, but I got slammed for my bull I posted so what do I know? :cboy:

He is not black is the only fault I see... other than the color hes a good looking bull. :hide: jokes aside nice bull it doesn't matter what any of us think truly what matters is you are satisfied with him and he does the job.

He is out of one of my Senepol Red Angus cross cows, breed to Senepol Bull 48k. He has never seen a feed sack. Hopefully we will see some calves in a few months.

The best way to get some black polled genes in without compromising heat tolerance is to use another of the Sanga cattle breeds - the Mashona,as the largest herd in the USA is in Florida.

I am starting to like him more everyday. I wish he had a little more length to him. He seems to be squared away between the ears, not high headed or aggressive. Has a comfortable flight zone.

Thanks for the comments. I would like to hear any faults you guys see in him. I find it tough to see in your own stock.

I hate to be a stick in the mud but the rump angle would be a deal breaker for me. 48k from the pictures that I've seen doesn't seem to have the same problem so if you use him on cows with a good slope you should be fine.
For a breed with such a small pool of genetics to choose from he's not bad at all! There are a lot worse Angus and Hereford bulls on here all the time and there's nooo excuse there. :lol:

LRTX1":tawvk7ul said:
Thanks CP. Explain the rump angle a little more please.
You want some slope from the hooks to the pins. Look at his hip bones and the bones by his tail... They're almost flat. You want some downward slope there. Breeding wise cows with high pins are harder to clean out as the uterus hangs at a downward slope. Structurally it can cause some problems as well. Someone noticed that he's tight in the back end... He's not really, the problem is the rump angle. It pulls everything in the back up and tilts it funny.

Gotcha. I will look harder at that. Don't know if the picture could make that look worse than it is or not. I will try to take some others soon. For right now I plan on using him primarily as a clean up bull and continue with the AI. He is an improvement over my last bull so far, we are taking steps in the right direction.

Latest posts