You might be a show jock if ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
You wash your car and work from the back to the front, making sure the hose goes the same way, so all the hair sits forward. Then when you scrub the car, you dont use circles, just straight lines towards the front of the car.

Yes, I actually did this yesterday and didnt even realise it .

I lmfao when I realised.

Keren that's hilarious! At least you have the courage to admit it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know my kid is a show jock. He came in from college for the Christmas break on the 23rd. Hauling with him a couple show steers that he was babysitting while owners were out of town. He spent more time washing and clipping for Ft. worth which is still a month away, than he did cleaning his own truck or clothes. Both of which were really college boy dirty!

Here is a list of reasons you show to much.

Top ways to tell if you Jackpot to much!
When your Christmas gifts are cattle supplies.
When your relaxation time is combing your steers hair in the state you live in.
If your kids jeans are wore out in the knees
In study hall in school your kids look at cattle magazines.
Know more kids at a cattle show then you do in your school
I didn't get my homework done because I was training the hair on my steer.
In computer class your looking on cattle websites.
If you care more about your cattle than you do your girlfriend.
You play a football game on Friday night and the next day your on the end of the halter showing a calf.
You always order pizza the first night at a cattle show.
When you hear the weather reports your first thoughts are "Is this good hair growing weather?"
The only time you have ever bought hair dye has been for your cattle.
When you use the excuse "I have to rinse my steers" to get out of a bad date, and they believe you.
When you have to say "I have to rinse my steers" when asked to go out on a date you actually want to go on.
When, instead of saving money for things like college, you spend your life's savings all on a single animal.
If you've ever slept on your showbox instead of your bed.
If you have a different showbox for every type of animal you show.
If you go to more than 3 shows out of state a year.
If you've ever dried your hair with a cattle blower.
If you have a second trailer for showboxes and stuff like that.
When you gather up the whole family, (including cows, equipment, & trailer) get in the truck and say "We're going on a vacation!", because the closest thing to a vacation is a jackpot show!
If your prize calf is the wallpaper for your cell phone instead of your family photo.
You have a separate trailer for moving cattle just so that your show trailer don't get dirty.
You show to much when you change your Christmas Dinner so the Hoof Trimmer can trim hoofs on Christmas Day.
Adhesive doubles as your hair spray as you walk to the ring.
When you live in your a/c trailer instead of your house.
When you have 3 different showboxes.
When you get bald and your kids give you twine and a bottle of tail adhesive!
You might Jackpot too much if your cattle's hair looks better than yours.
You might Jackpot too much if you spend more time with your cattle than you do with your own family.

1. Your Sullivan's bill is bigger than your electric bill.
2. You can tell somebody more about the Judge than some of your cousins.
3. Your calves lie down immediately when you tie their heads down because they know it is going to be a long day.
Your best friends are people that you show with.
Your chute has about a 2 inch pile of false hair and tail adhesive and 4 holes in it.
You get to the point and say "Don't worry about that, paint will cover it".
Your calves will only eat when they are tied up to the side of the trailer.
More
The steer no longer craps til he steps out of the trailer.
The steer knows he aint gettin water til he weighs in so he is immediately looks for the scales.
You don't have to lead the steer to the wash rack after a show, he just follows you.
The neck of your trailer so full of director's chairs, you don't have room for feed and blowers.
Your have at least one of the following you picked up that someone left at the show: blower, fan, feed pans, water hose, fitting supplies.
You plan your family gatherings in the summer time around county fair open shows.
Your trailer has A/C and a showbox, feed pans, and a blower than never leave it all year round.
When your livestock trailer has a/c, but your tuck doesn't.
When the Sullivan trailer guys know YOU by name and recognize you at all the shows.
When your cooler room in the barn is turned on a month and half before the A/C in the house.
When you have more pictures of calves on the fridge than you do of your own children.
When you have all your calve's birthdates memorized by heart, but you always seem to miss you kid's birthdays.
Your steer won't eat out of the trough, he only eats out of a feed pan.
Your steer won't drink out of a creek or hydrant, just water buckets.
No need to bring the water filter to city shows, they already are used to it, you use the filter at home!

You remember important events in your life by which show you where at when they happened.
When you can give directions to almost every fair grounds in your state, but you always mess up directions to your own house.

Santas and Duhram Reds":1cftmms4 said:
I like getting cattle supplies, reading material, clothing, membership, etc. for Christmas. Something I can really use or would get on my own anyway.

Same here Aaron. I told Kelly that I want to register for wedding gifts at Orscheln or Sullivans. I said I'd like to register for cattle, but I don't think I can use one of them nifty scanners to scan the next National Champion or that next bull that is going to be what everyone is looking for.

My last two christmases have involved cattle stuff. Got a monogrammed Carhart this year. The only thing is I don't want to wear it because it is too nice. Wife is making me wear it anyways because its a Carhart and that is what it is meant to do.

Latest posts