You learn something new everyday

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
I went to the auction barn today and there was a bull there who had his ears tied together behind his head with string.
rolleyes.gif
The string pierced his ears. The reason? I was told that a man in the back said that if the bull's ears were tied together he wouldn't try to jump out of the pen. Well, he didn't try to jump out of the sale pen, but he did his darnest to get the ring men. And it did accentuate his horns.
woot.gif

j5l8op.jpg

skep.gif
YMMV

I aint saying it's not true but I have been to a many a rodeo,rat killin, barn burnin and aint never seen that before. If that is true somebody should have told them boys at the Winnie salebarn about that trick.
They would bring in those tigers once a year out of that salt grass country and that was a show to behold.
But then again maybe it olny works on bulls. ;-)

I have never heard of this myself or seen it done. But if thats true I am sure everyone has a new way to sell there rowdy bulls now..lol

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Thanks for the ammo. I can't wait until I see Scotty Schwarts. I get to rouse him about something.

Seen lots of rings in a bull's nose with a small teather. They won't get near a fence with that teather. Never seen or heard anything about ears.

There is a reason the sale barn rings are 9 feet tall.

Caustic Burno":n4mzoqtr said:
I aint saying it's not true but I have been to a many a rodeo,rat killin, barn burnin and aint never seen that before. If that is true somebody should have told them boys at the Winnie salebarn about that trick.
They would bring in those tigers once a year out of that salt grass country and that was a show to behold.

There is no longer a sale barn in Winnie is there? I am under the impression Raywood is the closest to Winnie...Would love to know of more South East Texas barns, if they are out there.

marksmu":1obik8dm said:
Caustic Burno":1obik8dm said:

There is no longer a sale barn in Winnie is there? I am under the impression Raywood is the closest to Winnie...Would love to know of more South East Texas barns, if they are out there.

No Winnie closed down, they could have sold tickets to that show. Anyone that has ever owned cattle should have sat and watched that sale at least once. I don't have a clue to where those salt grass boys are hauling to now other than Raywood. Port City has closed down as well. I think Dun told me he even went to the Winnie sale once for the show.

Caustic Burno":11k87pqk said:
I think Dun told me he even went to the Winnie sale once for the show.
Nope, spent a week in Winnie in '65, only place we went was to the DQ

dun":2s3wehgv said:
Caustic Burno":2s3wehgv said:

Sorry somebody pm'd me once that lived way off one time about the sale shows you how good my memory is.

I bet you remember the skeeters :lol2:

Caustic Burno":yfssn6xp said:
dun":yfssn6xp said:
Caustic Burno":yfssn6xp said:

Sorry somebody pm'd me once that lived way off one time about the sale shows you how good my memory is.

I bet you remember the skeeters :lol2:
All I remeber is the guy that lived there that I was there to visit and Ruby Nell and Cheryl

There is a sale barn in Raywood and one in Kirbyville. The one in Kirbyville is supposed to be pretty good. That's the 2 closest sales in our area that I know of.

Latest posts