New here.

Help Support CattleToday:

Sthrncwboy

Reaction score
Hey, y'all. Clay here from Georgia. Trying to figure out how to maneuver in this website. What does enable push notifications mean?

Hi, 50/50. I am about to turn 50 in April! Single, 2 kids, 2 grandkids, 1 born last week. I work for a man that buys calves out of Fla and feeds them out He raises some, too, about 100 cows. He used to raise Brangus and feed out 100 or so each year, but a few years ago he started doing this. He has a contract with the Budweiser plant here, to haul off the spent mash. And he removes all the trash for the gin about 2 miles from him, and we clean out chicken houses. He does not do hay..he raises sorghum silage, and feeds them a mixture of those 4 things. I drive the tandem over to the Bud plant, run the loader when we clean out chicken houses, run the loader at the silage pits, and drive the feed trucks at feeding time. In my spare time, I team rope. And helped a rope horse trainer around here in my left-over spare time. How about you?

Hi, 50/50. I am about to turn 50 in April! Single, 2 kids, 2 grandkids, 1 born last week. I work for a man that buys calves out of Fla and feeds them out He raises some, too, about 100 cows. He used to raise Brangus and feed out 100 or so each year, but a few years ago he started doing this. He has a contract with the Budweiser plant here, to haul off the spent mash. And he removes all the trash for the gin about 2 miles from him, and we clean out chicken houses. He does not do hay..he raises sorghum silage, and feeds them a mixture of those 4 things. I drive the tandem over to the Bud plant, run the loader when we clean out chicken houses, run the loader at the silage pits, and drive the feed trucks at feeding time. In my spare time, I team rope. And helped a rope horse trainer around here in my left-over spare time. How about you?
Younger than you, but I was involved with cow-calf for the better part of twenty years, got other stuff going on so went into livestock trading and slaughter projects for a while, getting back into cow-calf. Also do a certain amount of contract ranch work in addition to being a CDL hauler. I have had the rodeo bug myself, though I was a rough stock rider and then a pen worker after rough stock proved bad for my health. Army vet. I also fool with horses, though I prefer to fool with other people's horses since I lost my good one. Looking for a new one for myself, probably going to ask @Warren Allison to help me with that since I have only bought horseflesh one on one and he knows the auction environment. He's in your state and knows a lot. That's me, or at least mostly. I am married and have two kids. Gonna make a third when the springtime turns.

Younger than you, but I was involved with cow-calf for the better part of twenty years, got other stuff going on so went into livestock trading and slaughter projects for a while, getting back into cow-calf. Also do a certain amount of contract ranch work in addition to being a CDL hauler. I have had the rodeo bug myself, though I was a rough stock rider and then a pen worker after rough stock proved bad for my health. Army vet. I also fool with horses, though I prefer to fool with other people's horses since I lost my good one. Looking for a new one for myself, probably going to ask @Warren Allison to help me with that since I have only bought horseflesh one on one and he knows the auction environment. He's in your state and knows a lot. That's me, or at least mostly. I am married and have two kids. Gonna make a third when the springtime turns.
Are you talking Mr. Warren Allison from around here? They call him "Guv-nuh"? If it is the same one, he is the best I know. I got to take his horse and mine down to his place in south GA in the morning. He is coming there about noon with 100 Corriente cattle we have to sort and move to different pastures.

Are you talking Mr. Warren Allison from around here? They call him "Guv-nuh"? If it is the same one, he is the best I know. I got to take his horse and mine down to his place in south GA in the morning. He is coming there about noon with 100 Corriente cattle we have to sort and move to different pastures.
Reckon that's him. He's on here. You already know, then.

Welcome to the forum. you can also turn off ads on here if you want to do that. sounds like you have a good farming background and can share some interesting info with the rest of us.

Damn. Clay! I better stay up and read to see what all you have told on here that I might not want told! LOL