You Know its COLD

Help Support CattleToday:

-34C here this morning, I think that is about -26 F. At least the wind isn't blowing...yet! Last couple of days just enough wind to make it miserable.
Article in the local paper yesterday saying this was the coldest December for our area ever. Also the snowfall was about double for the long term average.
Sometimes I think the government should pay us to live here!

Red Bull Breeder: They don't call it global warming anymore...now its called "climate change"! I do think the weather is changing but doubt it has much to do with people? Seems up here we get a later autumn and a later spring and our glaciers in the mountains are definitely shrinking. Going to be water problems somewhere down the line.
Watched the film "An Inconvenient Truth" a couple of days ago and while pretty entertaining I thought Gore made some pretty bold statements based on a short time line?
He did come across as being a true believer though. Not sure if that was just acting or heartfelt feelings. I think his losing his sister to lung cancer and the decision to not grow tobbacco was genuine.

grannysoo":puwo6nej said:
I'll take your word for it that it's cold. I keep my whiskey in the freezer and it has never frozen...

Never seen it either so I did a little homework and found this interesting tidbit of information.

24 proof liquor freezes at -6.7°C (20°F)
64 proof liquor freezes at -23.33°C (-10°F)
84 proof liquor freezes at -34.44°C (-30°F)
Georgia Shine freezes at -114°C (-173.2°F)

Granny, now we have found a market that might help balance the liquor trade imbalance. :banana: :lol2:

Jogeephus":2h0wdfx0 said:

Granny, now we have found a market that might help balance the liquor trade imbalance. :banana: :lol2:

Be sure you pitch this to the History Channel. I can see a sort of "Nascar meets Ice Road Truckers" program based on the export of Georgia shine to Canada.

Jogeephus":2r26sz18 said:
grannysoo":2r26sz18 said:
I'll take your word for it that it's cold. I keep my whiskey in the freezer and it has never frozen...

Never seen it either so I did a little homework and found this interesting tidbit of information.

24 proof liquor freezes at -6.7°C (20°F)
64 proof liquor freezes at -23.33°C (-10°F)
84 proof liquor freezes at -34.44°C (-30°F)

I should have checked my bottle of R&R behind the seat of my feed truck this morning-- as it was -31...Could have checked the proof on it...Up to -16 now at 2PM....

When I lived in the snow country I always kept a bottle of 100 proof in my pick-up's tool box.
Tom.

Oh boy, I hope it doesn't warm up or else the beer will get warm!

canadian_beer_fridge.jpg

Latest posts