You Know its COLD

Help Support CattleToday:

grubbie":smxq0nes said:
Maybe some higher quality whiskey??? Yesterday morning before I went out to feed it was -25F and 20 mph wind. I think they said windchill was -45. The cows were lookin like they could use a shot of bourbon or two.

I knew there was a reason I didn't live in the Gillette area, just didn't know it what it was until now! Last Sunday our wind chill was -32, and that was plenty cold enough for me!

Whoohooo, it has warmed up to about -16 C (thats above 0 F) overnight :banana: :banana: . Don't whats going on, but it feels great to me. Now that whiskey can thaw out :tiphat:

randiliana":mqf3lqjd said:
Whoohooo, it has warmed up to about -16 C (thats above 0 F) overnight :banana: :banana: . Don't whats going on, but it feels great to me. Now that whiskey can thaw out :tiphat:

Whiskey's gonna stay froze around here for a while yet. No day since last week has warmed up above -20 C.

Oh well, this is Canada, whaddya expect, eh?

IluvABbeef":36ampz44 said:
randiliana":36ampz44 said:

Whiskey's gonna stay froze around here for a while yet. No day since last week has warmed up above -20 C.

Oh well, this is Canada, whaddya expect, eh?

Ha, would you crazy Canucks ever shut that stooopid fan off anyway!
:nod:

Wonderfull day yesterday...made it up to 37, a nice mess with three feet of snow, at least it cleared off the barn roof. Expect to loose a couple of the loafing sheds today, just can't get all the snow off and its been comming down since six this morning.
Steering box went out on the old Oliver so I had to have a brother-in-law bring his skid steer over to push snow and clear the road...the DOT put in a new road since we sold land for the new freeway..haven't seen a county plow since.
On the bright side, we should have enough ground water for some nice alfalfa this summer.
And that's my two bite worth....DMc

The real question here should be why someone left a perfectly good bottle of whiskey outside? What if the bottle had broken?

Well, it sure as heck ain't shorts and T-shirt weather here. It's a blizzard out today, and a high of only -20 C. And it looks like it's not going to stop snowing until next week. :( Ugh, what a New Years this is.

SR 87 between Orange, Tx and Center, Tx today. About 65 degrees F. Want some???

Beautiful.jpg

Yep, that looks like an East Texas road. 2 lane, double stripe, down, up and around. Hi was 77 here.

It's only -10C here this morning. We are supposed to get up to 25 cm (10") of snow here today and tonight. Makes choring a lot of fun ;-) But, at least we should have some water here this summer....

you HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! 20 degrees and 10''snow...i think ill got mome and mow the grass tonite..i gotta do some fencwerk tomorrow..in shorts w/o a shirt

honestly how yall can stand to live there i will never know

It's minus 35 here right now and the wind is howling, with the wind chill we are below 40..Only 10 cm of snow supposed to fall for us today..Who said that it warms up when it snows,,,,they are so wrong.. I can survive this weather as long as we have heat in the house, it's the cattle that I worry about. :(

Well off to feed and give bedding, hope I make it back.. :)

BmB that is just not fair at all...same goes for you too DB :???:

hillsdown":1eqwf4ej said:
It's minus 35 here right now and the wind is howling, with the wind chill we are below 40..Only 10 cm of snow supposed to fall for us today..Who said that it warms up when it snows,,,,they are so wrong.. I can survive this weather as long as we have heat in the house, it's the cattle that I worry about. :(

Well off to feed and give bedding, hope I make it back.. :)

BmB that is just not fair at all...same goes for you too DB :???:

It's a little warmer here HD, only a high of -27 on the farm...and calm as can be...supposed to be a low of -38 C tonight.

And yet, the forecast calls for 2 C on monday with chance of flurries. :?