You Know its COLD

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Well...I guess you'll just have to sit it on the table and "sip" very slowly. Should last all day. :lol: :lol2:

1982vett

Reaction score
Guess that would be "whiskey in the rocks".

I remember as a kid when we lived in an old wood framed house, woke up one morning and the goldfish bowl was frozen. :shock:

Aaron

Reaction score
According to temperature gauge right now, its -15F and with the windchill -40F. :cowboy:

I don't know what proof that whiskey is, but 40 proof whiskey freezes around -24C (-11F). :cowboy:

grubbie

Reaction score
Maybe some higher quality whiskey??? Yesterday morning before I went out to feed it was -25F and 20 mph wind. I think they said windchill was -45. The cows were lookin like they could use a shot of bourbon or two.

OP
R

randiliana

Reaction score
I don't know what proof the stuff is, I don't drink it. But, it was definitely colder here than -24C, try about -35C and then add in windchill.

Not so cold here today, only -23C this morning, but the wind makes up the difference.

Glad you guys are enjoying this :santa:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
Aaron":v3h7vnpq said:
According to temperature gauge right now, its -15F and with the windchill -40F. :cowboy:

I don't know what proof that whiskey is, but 40 proof whiskey freezes around -24C (-11F). :cowboy:

nnooooooo no no no noooooooooohhoohohohoo nooooo

alacattleman

Reaction score
randiliana":wt943e4j said:
I don't know what proof the stuff is, I don't drink it. But, it was definitely colder here than -24C, try about -35C and then add in windchill.

Not so cold here today, only -23C this morning, but the wind makes up the difference.

Glad you guys are enjoying this :santa:
sure you dont' wink ;-) wink ;-)

Aaron

Reaction score
grannysoo":1d9tlm4r said:
I'll take your word for it that it's cold. I keep my whiskey in the freezer and it has never frozen...

Most freezers don't get that low for temperature. Most max out around -18C (0F).

TexasBred

Reaction score
grannysoo":2h5u9ns0 said:
I'll take your word for it that it's cold. I keep my whiskey in the freezer and it has never frozen...

Now everyone knows where you hide your money AND your best whiskey. :lol:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
-25 here this morning...Spent the morning feeding cows and getting water tanks running...Now up to -6- cows out grazing and I'm sitting in my office at the house warming up enjoying some of that good Canuck R&R (Rich and Rare)... ;-)

A winter related story was that BNSF had a major train derailment (probably because of the weather) late Sunday night just inside the ND border near Williston - 25 grain cars loaded with corn- that tore up a bunch of track...

My son got called to take a work train to the derailment yesterday-spent last night there- and said that BNSF brought in 3 construction crews of Cats and Loaders- one out of Moose Jaw, one out of Gillette, and the other out of Havre to clear the track....
He commented that the smart ones were the Havre crew- that stopped in Glasgow and pulled their trucks into one of the farm equipment shops and warmed them up- started them- and left them running the next 100 miles to the site....He said the other crews had a terrible time trying to get theirs warmed and started..

They got the tracks cleared and open this morning around 5AM-- but he said there is corn everywhere....

OP
R

randiliana

Reaction score
Yes, we are having fun out in the cold too. Thawing watering bowls, trying to get stuff to start and run. I love the snow, but really could do without the cold. Had a couple of cows go into the dugout, thank god it was the shallow end, and they only got wet about 1/2 way up. Still it would be terribly cold.

I may have to try some of that whiskey if it doesn't warm up here soon. I need a more positive outlook on thinks ;-) :lol2:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Actually got to 5 ABOVE yesterday- and I got the old mares and saddle horses hauled in off the north prairie....
15 Below last night-High I saw today was 2 Below just before noon...Then the wind came up- and it got nasty chilly...

But they are saying 20-25 Below again Friday night and this weekend- plus possibly another 3-6 inches of snow... :(

Long range forecasters are saying we could get a Pacific Front and warm up Christmas present on Christmas day-- and temps back up in the 20's and near 30's for a few days... :D
But then the Grinch appears again-- as they say the pattern sitting up over Greenland usually means bitter cold moving back over North America.. :(

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
It's been no more than -27 C the last few days. I think today was the coldest day yet: only a high of -30 C not including the windchill.

With the windchill: -45 C. NOT a good day to be outside.

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
It has been so cold along our trip. I am stunned at these temps in December!

HOWEVER
I have learned that pickled beets, salsa, green relish, bread and butter pickles all homemade can handle 24 hours of -30 temps and not freeze...?

Nesikep

Reaction score
it warmed up to 0C (32F) here briefly tonight, we got another 3 inches of snow, for a total of about 8, which is rare for this area, looks like tomorrow will cool off a bit, sit around -8C (16F) for a while, don't know what's going to happen after christmas though

Latest posts