Yearling Red Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

A little tribute here to Julians Boaz bull. This is my second Balancer bull calf off of Boaz. The first one sold for $2650 two weeks ago. He was not anywhere near as good as this calf any day of his life. That bull flat makes Balancers. Pics taken today. He will be 8 weeks old on the 17th of April. Looks like he's gonna be as wide as he is tall. BTW I managed to take 2 pictures with him standing terrible. believe me his back legs do not look like this 99% of the time. In fact he squares up real well when I don't have the camera.
I know we have been talking on here kinda tongue in cheeck about calves being referred to as herd bull prospects at this age but after what I saw today I think he already believes he is one. I watched him for 1/2 an hour today and in that time he picked 4 fights and tried to mount at least 3 little heifer calves!
I do however have one problem with his momma. She's bad about letting other calves suck and I think it's gonna end up hurting him in the long run!
:tiphat: Boaz

image001-5.jpg

Julian":1e03udpz said:
Baldie Maker":1e03udpz said:
How are the desperado calves? what draw brought you to use him? I noticed him in the LSF semen directory with this months red angus journal.
I wanted our Desperado son's dam and she was bred to Desperado. That is how I was introduced to the bull. Can't claim any magical foresight on my behalf. I was just lucky this time.

Julian-

Don't sell yourself short! There had to be good reasons that you desired to have this bull's dam! It wasn't "luck" that you selected those characteristics and traits! Excellent phenotype!

DOC HARRIS

Thank you 3way and thank you Doc.
The good things have happened for our herd is because of our selection of good females. Our goal is to breed good functional females. I'm sure this will cause a big stir, but the bulls are the byproduct of our breeding program. Producing a good female is the goal of every one of our matings. We like to use the good sons of our best cows to breed the rest of our cows to spread the genetics of our best cows throughout our cowherd.
We do some A.I. The majority of the semen is our tank is from sons of good females or bulls that have sired good females. Yes, We do have a little of one bull that we don't know much about his maternal side of him or how his daughters make cows. Additionally we also have semen on another young bull that wethink has all the potential to contribute to the production of good females because of where he came from and how he is bred. We may wait to see calves out of him in other herds before we use it ourself.

Once again, thank you 3way and Doc for your comments.