Yearling Red Angus bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

Julian

Reaction score
This is a picture of one of our yearling Red Angus bulls, Steadfast Jack Y13.
He is a son on Buf Crk Desperado U082. Will be one of the first Desperado sons to sell on March 24, 2012.
IMG_20120131_174700.jpg

This is a picture of Steadfast Boaz Y12, another bull selling on March 24th. Sired by Steadfast Boaz T71.
IMG_20120131_175008.jpg

How are the desperado calves? what draw brought you to use him? I noticed him in the LSF semen directory with this months red angus journal.

Baldie Maker":1qepxj0b said:
How are the desperado calves? what draw brought you to use him? I noticed him in the LSF semen directory with this months red angus journal.
I wanted our Desperado son's dam and she was bred to Desperado. That is how I was introduced to the bull. Can't claim any magical foresight on my behalf. I was just lucky this time.

The bulls look great and old Dwight is gettin to be a better pitcher taker :tiphat: :clap: It helps to get your 6'8" a$$ a little closer to the ground when you take pictures of FS 5 bulls. ;-)

3waycross":r40pmy3q said:
The bulls look great and old Dwight is gettin to be a better pitcher taker :tiphat: :clap: It helps to get your 6'8" a$$ a little closer to the ground when you take pictures of FS 5 bulls. ;-)

Thanks for explanation.
I thought they were some of those mini's when I first seen the hay ring. ;-)
Nice Calf.

3waycross":75is8wap said:
:) Yeah, they look good, Dwight. Not like I know much, but they're purdy boys!

3waycross":241a0hcy said:
Vic,
We still laugh about you telling me not to post the picture online of me standing next to Boaz T71 because I made a 1 ton bull look like a Lowline.

Caustic Bruno,
The hayring is upslope from the bull in the picture. Another one of my amateur mistakes as a photographer. At least I don't know how to make the cattle look better than they really are. Not to many people disappointed when they see them in person after they have seen my pictures of them.

Julian":2s4jhhx8 said:
3waycross":2s4jhhx8 said:
Vic,
We still laugh about you telling me not to post the picture online of me standing next to Boaz T71 because I made a 1 ton bull look like a Lowline.

Caustic Bruno,
The hayring is upslope from the bull in the picture. Another one of my amateur mistakes as a photographer. At least I don't know how to make the cattle look better than they really are. Not to many people disappointed when they see them in person after they have seen my pictures of them.

He's not kidding I've seen em in person. FWIW I have a 2 week old Bull calf on the ground right now out of the T71 bull that might be the best calf I have raised in the last 2 years!

AX-":2y0jphfv said:
Looks good Dwight - I really like Jack!
Thanks Brian. We like him a lot, too. He's one of those bulls that if I didn't have to sell him I wouldn't. We are hoping that whoever buys him Saturday will want him collected as much as we do. We really want to use him back in our own herd AI.
Both bulls passed their BSE exams last week with flying colors.

Steadfast Jack Y13
IMG_20120304_162305.jpg

Good looking calf there. I don't know if I will make it down to the sale this year or not, all depends on the wind and rain.

I missed the females in the catalog are there any angus red or black there?

Jake":9646zb2i said:
Good looking calf there. I don't know if I will make it down to the sale this year or not, all depends on the wind and rain.

I missed the females in the catalog are there any angus red or black there?

Unless there were some late entries, there weren't any Angus females consigned, Red or black. Perhaps there will be some late consignments that didn't make the catalog cut-off date.

Latest posts