yearling bull pics

Help Support CattleToday:

I think you have nice looking bulls and they have good growth numbers. It looks like you started with good stock and did a good job with them. congrats and keep up the good work.

I appreciate all your comments.
TEhayandcattle
We use purebred gelbvieh and angus on both sides to produce "balancers" which the AGA recognizes and provides registration and EPd,s. We have started producing them to meet consumer demand and easily sell all that make the cut.
BRG. congrats on the great bull sale!

What % of angus does pure breed gelbvieh contain? Also the balancer can be 3/8 /5/8 right? Your animals are beautiful though....As for people on this forum, I have been visiting here for ten years ,signed in 2 days after dun (started having to sign in in order to post). But the Republican B.S. got so bad in 2000 I left for a few years, would visit but would not stay around long. I love to voice my opion, and talk about anything but there are some real A%%holes that come here to bother others.. I do wish they would not lock trends, if you do not like it just move on...As for arguing with fools-- it hard for on lookers to tell whom the fool is...

purebred must have 94% pure gelbvieh or better. Like the simmies we also have fullblood status that must trace back to germany and is a closed herd book.

Congrats on very good pictures of really good animals - a rare combination it seems.

I particularly like the balancer bull , he is a beautifully balanced bull to my eye. I like the way he's put together especially the shoulder/ neck. Hard to say anything about legs from just one photo but I'm guessing everything is great there too.

How long have you been breeding Balancers ? They'd go pretty well over Red Angus and Red Baldy's wouldn't they ?

cheers

Goddy

We have been raising balancers for about five years now. They are sought after by the ranchers that have used gelbvieh bulls on their angus cows and kept replacements, or the ranchers that want to keep their angus herds looking angus with a little gelbvieh influence for extra muscling and performance. Mostly our market is for red balancers.

From birth to October 30 they were on prairie wool and mothers milk. From October on they have been limit fed a 50% screening pellet 50% barley ration at 1% of weight and free choice grass hay. We performance test and have developed a good clientele for bulls with performance data. We have never had a customer come back for issues that developed from overfeeding, and we never never never trim feet. I have never had much luck selling underfed bulls.

elwapo":1bntzfoz said:
779ad.jpg

April 07 born purebred gelbvieh bull
763ad.jpg

March 07 born purebred gelbvieh bull
730ad.jpg

Feb 07 born Balancer bull

The first one has a nice straight line but the neck seems very feminine but he is young so that could change in a couple of months.

2 looks a little sway back and 3 looks like he is lacking in the rump other than that nice looking for feed pushed bulls.

They should sell well.

user1 and syd
if I could find another twenty buyers like you two i could sure save alot of money in feed and time! Please feel free to post some pictures of bulls that fit your feeding regime so that I can learn how to pursue your niche market. It has been my experience that the guys that don't want bulls fed will not pay much for them.

Sorry you took it that way, but I can see why the way I wrote it. It was said in a joking manner, sorry if I didn't convey that. I lke my bulls with condition on them because when they go to work they have some condition leeway. Of course I have see some bulls way too fat, mainly in bull tests.

I don't think they look fat at all.

When is your catalog coming out?
Can you give more info on the black one is he homozygous black?

user1":16kkup8f said:
Good lookin bulls, but I suspect they have never met a feed bucket they didn't like.

Bet you're one of those that wouldn't pay for a good Forage developed bull if he was offered for next to nothing. :roll: :roll:

Those bulls look good and hard elwapo. Ready to go to work...............

KNERSIE":33bbaugl said:
I have to agree with Jeanne, I'll take a pot belly like the first bull anyday!
Well done, the two reds are really good, no 1 is my first pic, though.

i know its a old pic of an old bull. I just don't want them like #1.

bull6a.jpg

Wewild
Different strokes for different folks.
User1
No offense taken. I sometimes get a little too defensive because I do the very best to ensure my bull buyers don't get a burnt out bull. I have been down that road as a buyer and I spent a lot of money on a bull that melted like butter on our dry old prairie. It sometimes is hard to compete with the uber-feeders, but in the long run it is repeat customers that pay the mortgage.
Hilsdown
The # 2 bull is double black but I cant guarantee homo black because the dam and sire are both red carriers. I have not DNA tested for homo black but I do have a few that come from homo black bulls and multi generational black dams. We are just doing the finishing touches on the sale catalogue it should be on our web site in a week or so and in the mail by the end of the month.

Latest posts