Yeah, i'm bragging a bit

Help Support CattleToday:

That is great. My favorite 1911 is a Wilson CQB. I have owned a couple of their guns but now have only the 1911. I wish I shot more than I do but I am a firm believer that a person sets priorities by the things they are doing not what they say they would like to be doing.

Congratulations

Bill takes her to competitions. She says she feels like a rock star when they pull up to a range. This kid of ours is good at anything she does when she puts her mind to it. Her husband travels with Bill and competes also. His job is more flexible so he can go for longer times. He went to a competition at a big gun guys place. (Note, i'm not and have never been a gun person so i can only go with what i've been told.) This competition was at a guy who is known in the gun world and i can only remember his last name, Rogers. He has some sort of gun camp thing...Anywho, SIL beat him at his own specialty.. so unless you know who i'm talking about it means nothing, but in a guy nuts gun world its awesome.
Daughter wants to represent a gun company eventually, because they pay good, give you free ammo and you get to travel.

cowgirl8":1e3fhc81 said:
Bill takes her to competitions. She says she feels like a rock star when they pull up to a range. This kid of ours is good at anything she does when she puts her mind to it. Her husband travels with Bill and competes also. His job is more flexible so he can go for longer times. He went to a competition at a big gun guys place. (Note, i'm not and have never been a gun person so i can only go with what i've been told.) This competition was at a guy who is known in the gun world and i can only remember his last name, Rogers. He has some sort of gun camp thing...Anywho, SIL beat him at his own specialty.. so unless you know who i'm talking about it means nothing, but in a guy nuts gun world its awesome.
Daughter wants to represent a gun company eventually, because they pay good, give you free ammo and you get to travel.

CG8, traveling in the personal company of Bill Wilson would make any of us feel like a Rock Star. Your daughter has to have something special that Bill would take that kind of interest. Bill is much older now and in his day was number one in defensive shooting. I was a fan 30 years ago.

Your SIL beat Bill Rogers? By the way, may I ask if your daughter's husband is on the Wilson shooting team. Tell your daughter she is married to a world level talent. Congratulations many times over.

http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/

Yes he is.. he's even seen on TV with him on some shooting show. Bill even made him a custom gun, one of a kind... My SIL's good friend is a Vickers fella, again, i know gun people know him and i'm not a gun person but from what i gather he's something in the gun world.
We were at a party at Bill and Joyce's i was inside with the women and the guys got really quiet outside. All of a sudden there was a blast louder than anything i've ever heard. Not sure what they blew up, but it rattled the windows and when i got home there were lots of post on Facebook from people all around wanting to know what blew up...lol...
The pictures of our ranch taken from a airplane is Joyces plane, she flew my daughter over our place. She races planes and have just put in a grass runway at their compound.

cowgirl8":f766rs1x said:
Yes he is.. he's even seen on TV with him on some shooting show. Bill even made him a custom gun, one of a kind... My SIL's good friend is a Vickers fella, again, i know gun people know him and i'm not a gun person but from what i gather he's something in the gun world.
We were at a party at Bill and Joyce's i was inside with the women and the guys got really quiet outside. All of a sudden there was a blast louder than anything i've ever heard. Not sure what they blew up, but it rattled the windows and when i got home there were lots of post from people all around wanting to know what blew up...lol...
The pictures of our ranch taken from a airplane is Joyces plane, she flew my daughter over our place. She races planes and have just put in a grass runway at their compound.

Well then he is one of the best. Here is Vickers. I am not the gun nut I was. For a good part of my life, shooting was all I thought about day and night.

http://vickerstactical.com/

Thanks.

Here is the current Wilson Shooting Team. At one time Bill was the main guy.
Eric Fuson, Glenn Shelby, Greg Martin, Mike Foley, Austin Proulx.

The first date my daughter went on with this fella, he set up a target and drove like a mile away. (again, not a gun person but it was a long way off). He lined up his shot and let off 4.....they drove back to the target and all hit the spot the size of a quarter, but one was semi out of the circle. He held it up and asked what she thought and she said, You missed one.............thats my girl...lol When they compete, SIL places right behind Bill...

cowgirl8":37vxno1z said:
The first date my daughter went on with this fella, he set up a target and drove like a mile away. (again, not a gun person but it was a long way off). He lined up his shot and let off 4.....they drove back to the target and all hit the spot the size of a quarter, but one was semi out of the circle. He held it up and asked what she thought and she said, You missed one.............thats my girl...lol When they compete, SIL places right behind Bill...

Long range shooting has advanced to the point that most people would not believe. It is more a function of equipment and handloading. Handloading at that level is an art. I got into long range shooting in the 90s. You win or lose based on your handloading. My handloading tools were so precision, I was thinking the other day if I started doing some long range shooting, I would have to refresh my knowledge of how to use some of my precision loading equipment. Most people have never even heard of the bullet makers. I used Lapua Bullets and Brass from over the pond.

Please, when you get an opportunity, confirm the distance. I am guessing it was more in the 500 to 600 hundred meters range. I shot 500 meters. It was considered good to get quarter size groups back then at 500 meters.

Will do......i do though believe his sniper rifle is for sale...I think that faze has passed.. But i'll ask

cowgirl8":ku31ju7d said:
Will do......i do though believe his sniper rifle is for sale...I think that faze has passed.. But i'll ask

CG8, that makes sense because Bill's best hand is his defensive pistol where accuracy is not a factor. It is hand/eye coordination. I am guessing your SIL as a member of the wilson team is a defensive pistol shooter not a long range benchrest shooter.

Thanks, Got to say. This impresses me more than your Cattleman Skills!!!! And that is not a criticism. It is a fact. Congratulations on a special SIL.

Latest posts