WTH

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1kwoukx0 said:
Bright Raven":1kwoukx0 said:
backhoeboogie":1kwoukx0 said:
A 300 weatherby has been on the bucket list most of my adult life but I simply don't hunt big game to warrant buying one. So I don't have a need to be well versed in ballistics.

Send GB a PM. He can look up the trajectory charts on a .300 Weatherby Magnum. You need to give him the bullet weight you plan to use. If you are shooting handloads, give him the type powder and the weight of the charge.

He won't have to. someone has already done all that just as they did with the alleged 9mm and the bullet was able to maintain just enough velocity and energy to penetrate a balloon at a very sharp angle.

GB. I know I am splitting hairs but the energy incorporates mass x velocity squared to arrive at the units of energy. It is the energy that exerts an effect upon the object it strikes. Remember, her story was partly to entertain the audience of CT. Which by the way, she has mastered. Don't get too excited about distance, mass and velocity. Those are all the privileges of her authorship. Wink!

But she didn't call the perpetrator a "weekender" or "Part timer" or "Hobby Farmer" or anything with her norm derogatory tone. Are you sure she was the author?

backhoeboogie":1duzrgbu said:
But she didn't call the perpetrator a "weekender" or "Part timer" or "Hobby Farmer" or anything with her norm derogatory tone. Are you sure she was the author?

I assume so. Let's form a committee and investigate if she is the authentic author!

So what ya'll are saying is that the OP spewed another line of BS, got called on it, and she was just joking around?

Ok, got it.

jehosofat":3gglj1f2 said:
So what ya'll are saying is that the OP spewed another line of BS, got called on it, and she was just joking around?

Ok, got it.

I don't know if she was joking or maybe intentionally disingenuous. That is what needs to be investigated. I think Backhoe is going to put together an investigative committee. At least, I have made that plea.

Bright Raven":17kmxqzs said:
backhoeboogie":17kmxqzs said:
It wasn't much of a challenge in the first place. But they did manage to stay on topic for most of the thread.

Lots of folks have not offered any comment. Did they see right thru it all ?

The topic was worn out after the first page. It got so bad, Joe started making up stories to keep us entertained.

:deadhorse:

I hope you aren't implying the hitchhiker was a serial killer.

Jogeephus":28iu4srp said:
Bright Raven":28iu4srp said:
backhoeboogie":28iu4srp said:
It wasn't much of a challenge in the first place. But they did manage to stay on topic for most of the thread.

Lots of folks have not offered any comment. Did they see right thru it all ?

The topic was worn out after the first page. It got so bad, Joe started making up stories to keep us entertained.

:deadhorse:

I hope you aren't implying the hitchhiker was a serial killer.

No way. Statistically impossible that two serial killers would meet under the circumstances of your scenario. Only in a Stephen King story.

Did I miss something?
Who was the first serial killer?
What was his/her choice of weapon.
If it was a Wilson 9 you may be on to something here.
This would limit the possible suspects to the higher income group or the reverse if not a Wilson.

Bright Raven":ybbrlmmz said:
jehosofat":ybbrlmmz said:

Ok, got it.

I don't know if she was joking or maybe intentionally disingenuous. That is what needs to be investigated. I think Backhoe is going to put together an investigative committee. At least, I have made that plea.

We've made progress. So far we have ruled out collusion with foreign governments. That's 18 months saved as well as millions of dollars.

jehosofat":603n5h0w said:

Ok, got it.
She suckered you and about a dozen others. Amazing how eager some are to pile on. This is about the 5th or 6th time...they never learn.

Bright Raven":1i82c469 said:
Still Einstein's most notable equation.

It is fundamental to ballistics. The energy which Americans as primitives measure in foot-pounds is arrived at by that equation.

Einstein's most famous equation, E = mc^2, falls into that category, stating that the energy content of a massive body is equal to that object's mass times the speed of light squared. ... meter squared per second squared, or a mass multiplied by a velocity squared.

That reminds me of something. I hear people talking about "pie are square". I don't understand that. Everyone knows that pie are round. Cornbread are square.

Rafter S":6p4ecnsf said:
Bright Raven":6p4ecnsf said:
Still Einstein's most notable equation.

It is fundamental to ballistics. The energy which Americans as primitives measure in foot-pounds is arrived at by that equation.

Einstein's most famous equation, E = mc^2, falls into that category, stating that the energy content of a massive body is equal to that object's mass times the speed of light squared. ... meter squared per second squared, or a mass multiplied by a velocity squared.

That reminds me of something. I hear people talking about "pie are square". I don't understand that. Everyone knows that pie are round. Cornbread are square.

Cornbread is also pie are squared. Here they make it is a round cast iron skillet. :cboy:

cowgirl8":2yerwiwt said:
greybeard":2yerwiwt said:
Noteworthy that the OP hasn't come on and admitted she made the whole thing up......
Would it matter?

Yea, actually it would.

For the most part folks come on here to share their experiences and learn from each other, seems like you come on here to either tell everyone what a big timer you are, or to degrade others. You tell so many lies that you can't even keep up with them yourself, then when you get backed into a corner, you claim it was a joke that you played on everyone. Most folks here are on to you, a few suckers still believe it, some are just real slow learners.

cowgirl8":2cay8b44 said:
greybeard":2cay8b44 said:
Noteworthy that the OP hasn't come on and admitted she made the whole thing up......
Would it matter?

No. It does not matter. 90 % of all the content on this forum does not matter. It's fundamentally a place for old men like me to waste their time. Therefore, you are in the same boat as the rest of us. :cboy:

Latest posts