WTH

Help Support CattleToday:

Had a WTH moment when some idiots went around picking corn and bashing in mailboxes with it. They hit a few including ours. They did it during the day too, where we could get a good description of their truck. Nothing will come of it as far as getting them ticketed, but at least they'll know everyone out here is watching.. It was hard to keep a straight face while having the deputy take pictures of the crime scene....Only in RR county...

cowgirl8":q51qnlny said:
Had a WTH moment when some idiots went around picking corn and bashing in mailboxes with it. They hit a few including ours. They did it during the day too, where we could get a good description of their truck. Nothing will come of it as far as getting them ticketed, but at least they'll know everyone out here is watching.. It was hard to keep a straight face while having the deputy take pictures of the crime scene....Only in RR county...

The grumpy old man across the creek gets vandalized pretty regularly. They stacked 14 junk tires around and over his mailbox a few months back.

backhoeboogie":1wohq9zd said:
cowgirl8":1wohq9zd said:

The grumpy old man across the creek gets vandalized pretty regularly. They stacked 14 junk tires around and over his mailbox a few months back.
I bet that looks great. Sad they have to do that.

backhoeboogie":1vcmfgeu said:
They tell me mailbox vandalism is a federal crime. I have no idea.

That would be correct Backhoe. Some here found out the hard way. They were doing drive-bys with baseball bats. They covered a lot of ground fast too!

Kids have some funny pranks. Couple years ago everytime it rained they'd go pour a couple inches of water in one of the old timers rain gauge. He always thought he got more rain than his neighbors. Another fella had it worse though. He leases several thousand acres so has lots of gates to go in. Somebody started putting condoms on his locks. He was so mad but it was pretty funny.

Lucky":1co1402s said:
Kids have some funny pranks. Couple years ago everytime it rained they'd go pour a couple inches of water in one of the old timers rain gauge. He always thought he got more rain than his neighbors. Another fella had it worse though. He leases several thousand acres so has lots of gates to go in. Somebody started putting condoms on his locks. He was so mad but it was pretty funny.
Love the rain gauge idea....hum.... Not so much on the condom thing. I opened a phone book at a hotel that had a condom in it and I got PTSD from that ...lol....I now have a fear of public books, specially phone books.

M-5":l2tscq1o said:
We always smashed the asshooles mailbox when I was a juvenile delinquent

Super glue them shut is another good prank. But I wouldn't know anything about that.

The cows usually take care of our mailbox. We use the road as our personal alleyway for 2 herds, and our box makes for a great scratching post before they turn into the corrals. It has been so bad at times, I finally had to replace it around 10 years ago...I got a thank you note from our mail lady..lol….
The corn damage isn't that bad..i just bent the bent part back out. We're guessing that since it was the 4th, some weekend people brought kids out and they got bored...Its a truck no one knew. There were a lot of weekenders out last week...Every weekend place had tents and cars at them.. We wont see any of them again till they start filling deer feeders later on and sight in their guns, so they can hunt on their 15 acres... Its when I check cows scared, till end of deer season.

cowgirl8":3b18krdh said:
The cows usually take care of our mailbox. We use the road as our personal alleyway for 2 herds, and our box makes for a great scratching post before they turn into the corrals. It has been so bad at times, I finally had to replace it around 10 years ago...I got a thank you note from our mail lady..lol….
The corn damage isn't that bad..i just bent the bent part back out. We're guessing that since it was the 4th, some weekend people brought kids out and they got bored...Its a truck no one knew. There were a lot of weekenders out last week...Every weekend place had tents and cars at them.. We wont see any of them again till they start filling deer feeders later on and sight in their guns, so they can hunt on their 15 acres... Its when I check cows scared, till end of deer season.

Just found out I got a "new" set of weekenders down the road from me. A place across the road sold and I guess a group of hunters bought it from a group of hunters. Hope they nice as last folks. Nice place for hunting but wouldn't work for me. Oh well

cowgirl8":2dgntdg5 said:
Lucky":2dgntdg5 said:
Love the rain gauge idea....hum.... Not so much on the condom thing. I opened a phone book at a hotel that had a condom in it and I got PTSD from that ...lol....I now have a fear of public books, specially phone books.

You shouldn't be scared of condoms Linda. Comdoms themself wont hurt you, only what's in them :hide: :shock:

Latest posts