WTH

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2isf2h5p said:
Bright Raven":2isf2h5p said:
True Grit Farms":2isf2h5p said:
She said it was a 9mm bullet. And common sense says, without removing the bullet there would be no way to know that.

I assumed she had removed it but there is the possibility that she was guessing what calibre it was. Maybe she knows the guy who was shooting, uses a 9 mm. It is always best to not mess with a potential evidential scene. I assume the guy might be in for a charge of public endangerment.
I'd be getting me a different 9mm if I was him ASAP.
out of your other pocket I reckon.... ;-)

Bright Raven":a4xpk1vf said:
True Grit Farms":a4xpk1vf said:
Bright Raven":a4xpk1vf said:
Report it to the Sheriff. This is their function. They know what actions need to be taken. I would leave the bullet where it is for them to examine, unless you have already removed it. I would not contact the neighbor, let the Sheriff do that.
She said it was a 9mm bullet. And common sense says, without removing the bullet there would be no way to know that.

I assumed she had removed it but there is the possibility that she was guessing what calibre it was. Maybe she knows the guy who was shooting, uses a 9 mm. It is always best to not mess with a potential evidential scene. I assume the guy might be in for a charge of public endangerment.
My oldest daughter found the hole in the wall and bullet hole was not even suspected. She thought it was from a wood bee. THey plan to build a house in the next year or two and added a temp room on for their daughter that could be removed once out of the small house they are in when they build. Its kind of a home depot shed that's finished inside and added onto the back of their home. The lead was in the bed, daughter found it and took it to her mom. They've taken pictures of everything, put lead back where daughter found it and took pictures of it too.
The guy has shot out at Wilson with younger daughter. She knows him well, knows what he shoots and what reloading things he uses. Sent her a picture of the lead and she said it was not what he shoots. It was 9mm, he shoots 9mm... She told me that he only shoots, jacketed or non....I cant remember which, but the stray was one he usually didn't shoot.
He was called and he said it was not the type 9mm he shoots, but said he heard someone shoot rapid somewhere in that direction 3 times a few days ago. He's been shooting back there a lot the past week and has had friends back there shooting. My SIL stuck a welding rod in the hole and the direction of the hole points right to his gun range. Son flew his drone in that direction and its exactly in line with his shooting range. Talked to the neighbor on the west side and he said his SIL told him that the bullets from that area were flying all around him while fishing in a pond near it.
No way it was a drive by road hunter, the only way to get a bullet in this spot would be from behind the house from this guys place. I was gone all day yesterday so i dont know what else has gone on with this. Calling the sheriff is kind of moot, not getting any quality help there. There is a running joke of RR county that if you want to murder someone its the best county to come to to do it...lol..although, not funny at all...Neighbor in the west side of daughter had a meth head branish a shot gun, climb on top of their house and started a fire. Took over 4 hours to get any help out there...So we'll get to the bottom of it. SIL did suggest he turn his range around and shoot towards his house...

callmefence":35kb4dn5 said:
With cts very own from behind the keyboard , counterfeit cowboy investigative task force on the job
This will be solved beyond a shadow of a doubt in no time

Fence, you're on the wrong track, I ain't trying to solve the crime, I'm investigating what kind of new pistol I'd like to buy.

Hear me out for a minute, now we all know that Mrs CG8 lives on a very large ranch, which stands to reason that this fellas gun range would be quite a distance away. So, lets just say it was a 1/2 mile away, and the fella fired this 9mm which errantly went through a wall, then lodged so deep in a bed that you could stick a welding rod in the hole it made to determine which way it came from.

My point is, I wanna know what kind of 9mm this was, I'm gonna order one tomorrow. :lol2: :lol2:

jehosofat":30qqqjoc said:
callmefence":30qqqjoc said:
With cts very own from behind the keyboard , counterfeit cowboy investigative task force on the job
This will be solved beyond a shadow of a doubt in no time

Fence, you're on the wrong track, I ain't trying to solve the crime, I'm investigating what kind of new pistol I'd like to buy.

Hear me out for a minute, now we all know that Mrs CG8 lives on a very large ranch, which stands to reason that this fellas gun range would be quite a distance away. So, lets just say it was a 1/2 mile away, and the fella fired this 9mm which errantly went through a wall, then lodged so deep in a bed that you could stick a welding rod in the hole it made to determine which way it came from.

My point is, I wanna know what kind of 9mm this was, I'm gonna order one tomorrow. :lol2: :lol2:

He// I was poking at farm fence.
He's a good cowboy, and dam sure ain't scared to jump in his truck and come see me. It's still fun to ruffle his feathers from time to time.
Who are you... and whatever made you think I was talking bout you??... ;-)

jehosofat":2dg546ch said:

I believe he shoots a Wilson, so i'm guessing its out of your price range if it was his gun..He said he had others shooting out there, so if I find out what gun it was i'll sure let you know.
This place in question is on our land, but on the outer edge so she has neighbors who are closer. I heard the guys saying that the range is about a 1000 ft from her house. A creek separates her house from his range. The welding rod was stuck through the hole in the wall, not the bed...pointed up and into the direction of his range..

cowgirl8":39vn20ar said:
jehosofat":39vn20ar said:

I believe he shoots a Wilson, so i'm guessing its out of your price range

Lol . . . . . .yea, only the big timers got enough money for a Wilson.

cowgirl8":j17dvf4m said:
jehosofat":j17dvf4m said:

I believe he shoots a Wilson, so i'm guessing its out of your price range if it was his gun..He said he had others shooting out there, so if I find out what gun it was i'll sure let you know.
This place in question is on our land, but on the outer edge so she has neighbors who are closer. I heard the guys saying that the range is about a 1000 ft from her house. A creek separates her house from his range. The welding rod was stuck through the hole in the wall, not the bed...pointed up and into the direction of his range..
You were doing good till you went there, it's better not to guess some times.

True Grit Farms":1vbck8is said:
cowgirl8":1vbck8is said:
jehosofat":1vbck8is said:

You were doing good till you went there, it's better not to guess some times.

It's all good Vince, I'd much rather hang out with the poor kids.

cowgirl8":18qqm1nr said:
jehosofat":18qqm1nr said:

I'm not a bit interested in the pistol, I want some of the 9mm ammo that can travel 1000ft and still have enough power to go through a wall. Powerful ammo so I guess it it takes a Wilson to hold up to it.

My daughter lived in a house outside of Lindale and in a gated community. There was a covered shed type roof over the back part of the house. A leak started where there had no leak before. I crawled out on the roof and found a hole that I assumed was a bullet hole. Could it have came from a bullet that was fired into the air and then dropped. Or maybe the sons and his gang had a pistol out on top of the roof and shot a hole throw the roof. Hole through roof and decking only to close to get to the underside to find a bullet.

kenny thomas":21iiv0s4 said:
I'm not a bit interested in the pistol, I want some of the 9mm ammo that can travel 1000ft and still have enough power to go through a wall. Powerful ammo so I guess it it takes a Wilson to hold up to it.
I was way off with the distance...it was over 3000 ft...the shot could have been fatal if it were a direct hit in the head at that distance. Son said the hole was at his head level...he's tall. Anywho, who knew. The topography of the land out there would favor how the bullet were to hit too...Since there is a creek running between the properties, the neighbors land is higher than my daughters house. Should make everyone more aware of where their bullets are going...that's a long way for a stray..