WTH is "pull your plonker" in English?

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":1selg0kx said:
I assume this is some kind of cheeky reference, but this whole story has me puzzled.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ia ... r-plonker/

They are referrences to a TV show call "Only Fools and Horses" where there were a couple of brothers involved in shady dealing, and down right cons, and the way in which the utility companies are acting.

In the UK you can switch Electric and gas supplie companies just like switching between cable or satalite TV.

now get the English version....
To Pull someones plonker is to kid (mislead) them, tell them something is true when it isn't.

It is possible to change utillity companies one from another, but it can work out very expensive to do so, as most ask for an opting out fee, sometimes the new company will pay for the charge, mostly if you are going back to them.
We do from time to time get Door to Door salesmen trying to promote the Company they are working for, usually when they are trying to drum up business, by offering cheaper Gas and Electicity if you buy both from them, they say they will cap the price for a year or two if you do, but that does not always happen, as you are told 'Oh! sorry the prices have gone up so we are having to put the prices up' I have found it it is swings and roundabouts with these so called big boys, and best to stay put with the Company your with. At the moment EDF is best, and they are a French company.

In the programme 'Only fools and horses' Del Boy used the word 'Plonker' when refering to a foolish thing Rodney his brother had done in this context it means 'Idiot/fool'
It can also mean a male part of the body 'The family jewels' if you get my drift.

Only Fools and Horses.. the saying is simply "Only Fools and Horses Work", an old cockney saying implying that if you're smart you'll find a way of making a living without resorting to hard graft. Only simpletons and dumb beasts would actually WORK for a living.

plumber_greg":2c1yf1si said:
I know what you mean, sometimes I get lonely also and just "pull my own plonker". gs
Not to be confused with "Plunk you're magic twanger Froggie"

Latest posts