Worldwide campaign against meat eaters?

Help Support CattleToday:

It'll never work. Too many hungry people. Besides, steak is one of the best things there is to eat. Not to mention grilled hamburgers.

Don't forget ga. they are pushing the veggie burger and portabela mushroom burger.
Kids did have fun making faces and gagging sounds when they tried a veggie burger in the store. The person pushing it was not impressed, because nobody else would try them after that.
Love them kids.

haypoor":3fkk3tvr said:
I read this and I wondered what you thought of it. This is my first time posting, so I hope I did it alright.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/802315/worldwide_campaign_against_meat_eaters.html

You did fine. Welcome to the boards. This is nothing new, animal rights groups have been fighting meat production for years. From all reports that I've seen, meat consumption world wide is up. Last year a record number of animals were slaughtered for consumption.

The article is pretty simplistic in that the writer seems to think everyone is as uninformed as he is. I read a young vegan's post on a chat board recently. She was complaining that she just couldn't convice her dad that cattle were being abused, their babies ripped away, tortured, all that other stuff that they claim. Well, dad drove by a pasture every day on his way to work and saw cows contently grazing alongside their babies running in the sun. He didn't buy what she said. Why would he?

Smoking is bad for your health. Eating meat is not bad for your health. Second hand smoke affects people around smokers. You wouldn't know a meat eater if you met one. They don't stink or cough. Beef is one of the most nutrient dense foods available.

Yes, PETA and animal rights groups will target young people because they're impressionable and easily mislead. Some of them will even stop eating meat, but most of them will come to their senses pretty quick.

I luv herfs, thanks for giving me the inspiration for a new burger I just know will be crazy good. Portabellas sauteed in butter on a grilled beefburger with swiss and bleu cheese. :D On a sesame seed bun. Wait a minute, I said two kinds of cheese. Scratch the swiss. Add some Hellman's mayo.

Thanks for the replies and the welcome!

I have been reading more about this. It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that they are going at this through the "green" premiss. The global warming our poor cows are creating..lol. This makes me nervous, as I think right now, the world is crazy over that stuff and willing to pin it on anything that they want gone.

Special interest groups seem to have the politicians ears more than the regular folks do.

Again..thanks!

Haypoor you are right. They are going at this through the green idea. Remember Hillary's promise of all those Green Collar Jobs she was going to create if she were elected. The Kyota agreement and all this other stuff is just another way to tax you and take away your rights. By scaring the ignorant, some politicians think they can herd up the Sheople and we will be easier to control. Of course once herded it would be much easier to control us if we didn't own firearms.

Welcome to the board. The vegan movement is a joke. They preach the virtues of no meat eating, animal torture and the like, but they are some of the most radical and violent people out there. Many of the animal "liberation" groups detest the killing of animals, but don't mind if a few people die for their cause. That's just backwards.

The people here take very good care of their animals. You won't find anything cruel going on here. This is a labor of love.

well i say this theyve lost their mind.if they think they can turn people solely into veggie eaters.i for 1 will always eat my beef chicken an pork.

haypoor":3v1l9zte said:
Thanks for the replies and the welcome!

I have been reading more about this. It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, that they are going at this through the "green" premiss. The global warming our poor cows are creating..lol. This makes me nervous, as I think right now, the world is crazy over that stuff and willing to pin it on anything that they want gone.

Special interest groups seem to have the politicians ears more than the regular folks do.

Again..thanks!

It's a "green" thing for sure. Green as in money. PETA, HSUS, PCRM take in milions (maybe billions) of dollars in donations every year. They actually spend very little of it on helping animals. The majority of it goes to publicity to raise more money.....and pay their top people big bucks.

When the new Sec of Ag sets down in his office for the first time next year, the NCBA's phone number is already in his rolodex. More checkoff dollars are being spent to document and promote the health benefits of beef. IMO, we should increase the checkoff fee to help get our side of beef production out there to the public.

Yeah, you gotta watch that second hand meat...

I don't know if that article takes a true stand or not. It compares eating meat to smoking and predicts that there will be a public backlash, then talks about a subway commercial being anti-burger.

Well duh. Subway... Besides, what does that author think that Subway uses on it's subs? Are we any less "cruel" to chickens, pigs and turkeys?

It was an bush league article written by a bush league author.

Overeating is unhealthy, no matter what one eats. The problem we have in this country is that we have no idea of healthy portions and we overeat everything. Obesity causes far more illness than the consumption of meat alone.

I am sick of this whole green thing. I have been reading about how cows are destroying the environment as well. Read one article that talked about how many vegetables could be grown where cows graze. Our cows live on a piece of land that most vegetables wouldn't survive on. There's too much rock. OK for grass that will feed our Red Angus cows, not so great for carrots.
What really bothers me is that we are experiencing a world wide food crisis. There are people dying of starvation in record amounts and part (not all ) of the reason for that is biofuel. Why would we turn food into energy that isn't even efficient when there are hungry people??? Right because the rich guys like Gore do just fine. I'm seeing people feel the crunch here but it is nothing like the people in Ethiopia, and India to name two. For a fraction of the cost of Kyoto the developing countries could be supplied with clean drinking water. These people are so concerned about saving the planet from a PERCEIVED threat but they won't do anything to help the people in need now. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry, I got off on a rant. I feel sick when I think of the Suzukites.
I don't believe PETA will ever be able to shut down the meat industry. People are too selfish, they like steak. The green people scare me more though for two reasons. They are becoming very powerful and more socially accepted that PETA. They are rich and they like their steak but have no qualms getting meat prices so high they can eat it but the normal people won't be able to afford it. Number two the Global Warming crisis fills a need in people in a strange way. They can be gods with the survival of the world resting on what they do - for some people that is very intoxicating.
I hope common sense prevails...

A lot of world hunger is not due to food shortages, but to food distribution. Take those people in what used to be Burma, (I can't spell the name of the country now, much less pronounce it). Aid organizations, NGO's, sitting at the border with food, water, medical supplies... and the government won't let them in to help. Meanwhile, people die while their leader has an election right on schedule. Ehiopia is the same way. There was grain rotting on the docks that would never reach it's destination because the military would not allow it to be distributed to those that needed it. It is a way to exercise control over the people and to eliminate certain people altogether. Genocide.

You are right Lammie, that's why I said some not all. Some of the reasons are political. Some of those political reasons have to do with the green movement and the biofuel fiasco.

Latest posts