Wood HT post

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
On the piece of property I am working on has HT on 90% and I plan to finish the rest with HT . My question is where can you get the wood post with the predrilled holes that were used when this system was installed about 15 years ago. It is 4 wire and it is #1wire hot #2 wire ground #3 wire hot #4 wire ground. the wires are attached to the post with a piece of wire or large cotter pin . My brother installed it about 15yrs ago . That was the same system they had at the university beef unit.

I get some this evening . There are no insulators on the post. IIRC the post is some special wood , All I remember is he called it new Zealand HT fence. Everything else I've seen since then has been installed with t post and insulators . My google has turned up nada

I like the thought of the plastic t-post but the design is terrible. If I have to drill all the holes to be able to attach a wire tie I might as well buy 5' tpost and insulators. I was digging thru the barn this weekend and found about 25 or 30 of the wood post. On the post that have rotted off at ground level I am looking for something Non conductive to attach to the bottom to be able to continue to use them.

Latest posts