Willie Nelson

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":2x70eeq7 said:
boondocks":2x70eeq7 said:
Bestoutwest":2x70eeq7 said:
I've never been a fan. I'm not that interested in people that use their entertainment and celebrity to disseminate THEIR message to millions of people, and honestly I don't care what message they're spreading. I don't believe it's their place to do so as, more than likely, they are under educated in the arena they're trying to speak to.

Willie's main "message" has been Farm Aid. He's not like Ted Nugent or one of those folks who has become better-known for politicking than singing
John Mellencamp as well.. and I like a fair bit of his music
Rain on the scarecrow is a good one

Here's a great Mellencamp one (with Karen Fairchild of Little Big Town): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJsUaI ... jJsUaILYk4

houstoncutter":3g0w0ek3 said:
HDRider":3g0w0ek3 said:
TexasBred":3g0w0ek3 said:
KK is another one that can write but can't sing for shyt. :nod:

Wrongo buckaroo...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/TXSl-cuv_iE[/youtube]

KK and Willie cant carry a tune in a bucket, but they can write a be nice of a song
Exactly what I said but HD didnt' get it.

Get what? I, ME, like the melodic voices of Willie, Kris, and Dylan, along with Levon and other rough, gravely-voiced singers.

jedstivers":l9b6m93x said:
Bright Raven":l9b6m93x said:
I just heard Take All of Me. I don't find anything inspiring about his voice or singing skill.

Does anyone else share that opinion?

Granted, he can pick!
I don't share your opinion.

Like him or not Willie is a living legend and music icon. I have enjoyed his work over the years and I can tell you from fisrst hand experience that nobody works harder to put on a good show and give his fans their money's worth.

TennesseeTuxedo":3lnitix8 said:
jedstivers":3lnitix8 said:
Bright Raven":3lnitix8 said:
I just heard Take All of Me. I don't find anything inspiring about his voice or singing skill.

Does anyone else share that opinion?

Granted, he can pick!

Like him or not Willie is a living legend and music icon. I have enjoyed his work over the years and I can tell you from fisrst hand experience that nobody works harder to put on a good show and give his fans their money's worth.

I agree. There is something in the quality of his voice that does not appeal to me.

Bright Raven":2uv3pbjy said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2uv3pbjy said:
jedstivers":2uv3pbjy said:

I agree. There is something in the quality of his voice that does not appeal to me.

Aww c'mon now. Tell me this doesn't make you smile a bit. (Brand new song. He sounds pretty good for a guy pushing 85. He wrote this as a response to constant internet rumors of his demise): Woke Up Still Not Dead Again Today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J34esa_aJxc

Latest posts