Nelson Mandela

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":3fkvzbqr said:
Is his country better off now or before??
RB, I think I know where you are going, but have to ask you what your definition of "his" is? :lol2: No insult intended here, or there, but we also need to know what "better" is, and "before"? Before what? I know, I'm throwing a wrench in the spokes, but better than this, I am confusing. :cowboy:

chrisy":1u5m8yim said:
It's funny, not ha ha funny but strange funny, that the people that live in S.Africa are mourning his death and are saying what a good and great man he was, (and I'm not going on about it) but all a lot of folks here on the boards are saying what a bad man he was, just watched a few interviews on the NEWS made by the common people of the area he was born in and all they done was praise the man. Guess none of us knows what it is like to live in these poor Countries, as we only visit them as tourist and never see what is really going on, and the Media only gives you an insight to what they want you to see, propaganda has a lot to answer to.
There is also a lot of people saying now the holocaust didn't happen, that it was all made up.
I don't know why the media can't just report the news, now they make it fit their agenda.

Ouachita":15t56ivb said:
Red Bull Breeder":15t56ivb said:
RB, I think I know where you are going, but have to ask you what your definition of "his" is? :lol2: No insult intended here, or there, but we also need to know what "better" is, and "before"? Before what? I know, I'm throwing a wrench in the spokes, but better than this, I am confusing. :cowboy:
You been in the Shine? :)

jedstivers":1w183xof said:
chrisy":1w183xof said:
It's funny, not ha ha funny but strange funny, that the people that live in S.Africa are mourning his death and are saying what a good and great man he was, (and I'm not going on about it) but all a lot of folks here on the boards are saying what a bad man he was, just watched a few interviews on the NEWS made by the common people of the area he was born in and all they done was praise the man. Guess none of us knows what it is like to live in these poor Countries, as we only visit them as tourist and never see what is really going on, and the Media only gives you an insight to what they want you to see, propaganda has a lot to answer to.
There is also a lot of people saying now the holocaust didn't happen, that it was all made up.
I don't know why the media can't just report the news, now they make it fit their agenda.
Jed I agree, and I do believe the holocaust happened, I have visited one of the concentration camps, all the bags and shoes of women and children piled high,and photo's of the mass graves that were found,not a pretty sight, one of my school friends Dad was in the French resistance he told us of some of the things that he saw first hand, I also know quite a few people who have blue numbers on their arms from being in one, a good friend of mine was in a Japanese camp, and told me a few horror stories about them too. another thread maybe. who believes it happened?

I never liked Ricky Nelson, but Harriet ...... Oh boy! How did Ozzie land her? :!:

Alan":2skhpswe said:
I never liked Ricky Nelson, but Harriet ...... Oh boy! How did Ozzie land her? :!:
I don't either, but that is just my opinion, and he did not "land" her. We do have a piece of his airplane wreckage hanging up though. Sometimes "famous" people are more interesting after they are gone, sometimes not, but for reasons unknown they continue to live in the minds of many. Not wrong, just interesting

" Every aspect of our life is colored by the genetics we get from our forefathers and the experiences that are thrust upon us by our environment."
Do you really believe that?

Red Bull Breeder":uolz8542 said:

"His" is an interesting topic. An Afrikaner version is:
We (my Dutch farmer forefathers) got there by boat about 500 years ago. (For some reason most of the indigenous bushmen then largely disappeared.)
The black (Zulu...) tribes arrived hundreds of years later from the north.
Then the English colonists arrived by boat...

So who' is it?

Here is my thought on whether or not historical events are reported accurately over time:

HISTORY is written by the victors.

This does not always mean that the truthful side of the story is told. Or that ALL the story is told.

;-)

History, more correctly, is written by the side with the most survivors.
It's one of the reasons there has always been so much ambiguity in accounts of the battle of the Alamo.
As history is re-written, wonder how long before it states that the Texians won that final battle on March 6 1836, and mercilessly slaughtered several thousand innocent Mexican peasant soldiers?