will she grow out of this

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":38u8edjx said:
perhaps putting her with a MEAN cow would fix her? one that'll land her a good kick if she tries?
Nope it doesn't work on extremely stubborn ones. The steer I had was sucking on meanest and wildest cow I ever had. She's constantly headbutting and kicking at him but he got what he wants. Since she's a 2 years old and already nursing off another cow that put up a fight, theres a good chance that she will do it again. Older sucklers are very difficult to wean off.

cow_calf1.jpg[img]
[/img]

Nice looking pair. But I would ship that red heifer.....pronto. It will make your life alot easier. Trust me, been there and done that!

I had a beautiful 1st calver, she started sucking every cow and heifer on the place! I separated her for a while then they both took a ride.

Don't be surprised if that red heifer starts trying to suck everything that calves.

Good luck.

Katherine

We've had many do it over the years, and ALL grew out of it. It's a hormonal heifer thing, and I'd give her some time before I just shoved her in a trailer and settled for market price, after all of the money and time you've put into her to get her bred. Separating them for a little while is a good start.