Box of Chocolates

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
This one is from yesterday. The cow kept wanting to go up on the ditch bank where that other cow calved on Tuesday. I said no calving up there where the calf can fall into the ditch. I chased her off there 3 times until she finally went and calved in the middle of the field. I have another black whiteface cow who has a solid orange calf. And a solid red cow with a solid black calf. A solid black cow with a brown calf. As long as the cows were bred to a Charolais, Angus (red or black), or a Hereford I don't care. No Longhorn, Beltie, Shorthorn, or other surprises which I have had in the past.
The red color and the reduction of white on the face lead me to believe the bull was a Red Angus.
P3073200.JPG

What a difference a year makes. When I made this post I ran into one from last year. According to what I wrote on March 11 last year I had 12 calves on the ground. Only the first and the last were black. Mostly red calves This year I have 31 running around out there today. 24 of them are black or black baldies, 2 are red, and 5 are char or char crosses. And we have 3 days until the 11th. I will certainly have more calves by Monday.

What a difference a year makes. When I made this post I ran into one from last year. According to what I wrote on March 11 last year I had 12 calves on the ground. Only the first and the last were black. Mostly red calves This year I have 31 running around out there today. 24 of them are black or black baldies, 2 are red, and 5 are char or char crosses. And we have 3 days until the 11th. I will certainly have more calves by Monday.
Four new calves since I wrote this. All 4 are black or baldies.

Latest posts