Will life ever get back to pre-2020?

Help Support CattleToday:

I hope so! My primary concern is the residual effect - what I don't see many talking about. Earlier this week someone mentioned to me that this has been a wonderful, family bonding experience & cited that child abuse cases have dropped significantly. What??? How 'bout that's because teachers/educators report the majority of cases? I have a few friends that suffer from depression and this has been extremely hard on them.

This is a pic of my parents; he's 88, she's 83. They were always on the go, either eating out, bridge club, their church group, taking trips, just very active. Their life has segued into sleeping late, playing hard core rummikub for hours, staying sedentary, lots of naps, boredom & isolation. Things are opening up but they're now terrified to go anywhere. Clearly they're not young but I have no doubt this will impact their life expectancy.

If you live in Illinois don't expect a lot change even after a vaccine is released. Also there is an interesting bit about healthcare equity.

IL Phase 5
"Testing, tracing and treatment are widely available throughout the state. Either a vaccine is developed to prevent additional spread of COVID-19, a treatment option is readily available that ensures health care capacity is no longer a concern, or there are no new cases over a sustained period. All sectors of the economy reopen with new health and hygiene practices permanently in place. Large gatherings of all sizes can resume. Public health experts focus on lessons learned and building out the public health infrastructure needed to meet and overcome future challenges. Heath care equity is made a priority to improve health outcomes and ensure vulnerable communities receive the quality care they deserve."

Latest posts