Wilks Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

LJCB

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with their stuff? Couple of their younger bulls caught my eye. I haven't called and talked to them yet.
Thanks

Aaron Kiser is a good man. Their cattle goals are different than ours although we have several cover bulls from them. They have some great cows.

hornedfrogbbq said:
Aaron Kiser is a good man. Their cattle goals are different than ours although we have several cover bulls from them. They have some great cows.

They chasing EPDs ?

I think they are highly interested in them. They are just going to a larger framed cow/bull than we want to run. That also helps in RE measurement, weight gains (versus efficiency). It is just a different philosophy.

Personally, in my short time in the industry, we came in when folks were chasing $B to the exclusion of everything else. We saw milk numbers go through the roof, we saw feed efficiency go down and it seemed to us to be driven by the big packers and retail folks. An inefficient steer wasn't money out of their pocket. As folks chased the $B, they also started adding frame back...at least it seemed this way.

We were not in the industry decades ago when cattle got huge and then the industry has worked to back that size back down. All that being said, we see ALOT of big, framey cattle. Bigger than we want to run but everyone has different goals and different amounts of forage available and different climates. To each their own.

hornedfrogbbq said:
I think they are highly interested in them. They are just going to a larger framed cow/bull than we want to run. That also helps in RE measurement, weight gains (versus efficiency). It is just a different philosophy.

Personally, in my short time in the industry, we came in when folks were chasing $B to the exclusion of everything else. We saw milk numbers go through the roof, we saw feed efficiency go down and it seemed to us to be driven by the big packers and retail folks. An inefficient steer wasn't money out of their pocket. As folks chased the $B, they also started adding frame back...at least it seemed this way.

We were not in the industry decades ago when cattle got huge and then the industry has worked to back that size back down. All that being said, we see ALOT of big, framey cattle. Bigger than we want to run but everyone has different goals and different amounts of forage available and different climates. To each their own.

Thanks for the info.