Why would anyone

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy-

Reaction score
want to move to Florida? While you all are partying at the fat fest with Crowder you can ponder this and report back on the general feelings of the group on Tuesday.

I mean why?

We have alligators down here eating wimmins.
We have mosquitoes the size of birds.
We have more yanks than New York. (and they can't drive)
We have hurricanes all summer and into the winter.
We are the worlds capital of lightening strikes.
We got bears roaming residential neighborhoods.
The homeless come here for the winter just like the snowbirds.
We have wild fires that block the interstate highways for days.
We fly Rebel flags.
We hunt squirrels with 30-06's and don't care where the bullets end up.
We have poisonous snakes from all over the world showing up.
We have rabid coons.
We have those dang old Brammer, woods, cracker cows down here.
We send all the fat women to Tenn.
We recently had some home owners group file suit in Orlando to make a woman take down the American flag. (I love this one)
Crime rate is way up.
We have carjackings on a daily basis.
Beggars at every traffic light.
Most of our government officials are from one of the "New" states.
And last but not least, we have Critters down here with toe nails four inches long. :shock:

I just don't get why anyone would want to live here. :?:

sidney411":2ay90suf said:
if it's so bad why are you still there?

I am a fourth generation cracker. I can't leave. Someone has to stay and fight. :lol:

you have lost your mind thats why heh heh heh my brother worked in williston florida for thomas cattle company but heck he loved ........but then again he aint right neither heh heh heh :lol:

clayreid":1i46zc9w said:
you have lost your mind thats why heh heh heh my brother worked in williston florida for thomas cattle company but heck he loved ........but then again he aint right neither heh heh heh :lol:

It's ok, I ain't right either. :D

flaboy-":38dccwk1 said:
clayreid":38dccwk1 said:

It's ok, I ain't right either. :D

I is OK I liked the bit of Florida I saw. and the weather is great. I wish it would rain like that in London, a big blast then bright sunshine.

NICE TRY, flaboy! You got sun, sand and seas. Them yanks still acomin. But not me, I like it somewhere in between. :lol: :lol:

Beef11":1lgjqvzk said:
Florida has the biggest cow/calf operation in the country (numbers)

This is old information but I don't think it has changed much:

Beef Cows Inventory
Rank State (1,000 Head)

1 Texas 5,520
2 Missouri 1,990
3 Oklahoma 1,965
4 Nebraska 1,930
5 South Dakota 1,559
6 Montana 1,542
7 Kansas 1,461
8 Kentucky 1,140
9 Tennessee 1,085
10 Florida 1,010
United States 33,683

You forgot to mention ........
Love bugs that eat the paint off cars
Indians own every gas station in the state
parts of town you have to speak spanish to buy anything
FIRE ANTS that eat you alive
piss ants that get into all your food
palmetto bugs that fly and scare the begebes out of ya in the middle of the night
Spiders !
them long toenailed critters are nothing in comparison! :p

So many Yanks and Confederate flags should make for some interesting situations ;-)

I never knew beggars at stop lights was a Florida thing. But now that you mention it. I had never saw a beggar at a stop sign before in my life till I went to Florida years ago, and in 5 days I saw so many beggars holding signs will work for food I can not even remember how many it was. Most were at the end of off ramps.

Funny thing is we went to see the Orlando Magic play the Lakers (Shaqs rookie year) and when we got off the interstate and at the stop light at the end of the ramp there was a guy standing holding a sign "Will work for Magic Tickets" :D

Yea Flaboy,

But the water in Key West is warmer than the water in Hawaii, but your waves suck. Plus Key west is an old guys party town, like Vegas, fun to go but fun to leave also. :D

Alan

Critter, I knew you would jump in and help with the anti-yank propaganda. More fires this weekend. Two less than a mile from my house.

Aplusmnt, yeah we have them everywhere. I guess the weather is nice enough for them to camp outside. "Will work for food". NOT! Many are offered jobs and they just say "naw, got any money"? Wish they would make it illegal. While I do feel for them, there is work if they would just take it.

Alan, I agree with you. Key West has turned into one of the biggest gay towns around. Probably only second to San Francisco.

RKM, you could help me out and publish my "why move to Florida"?, post up there. J. :lol: It not the visitors that bother me so much as the ones that stay.

Tom4018, I believe you are right. I think the latest has Fla around 8th or 9th. Funny thing is Fla is ranked about 4th or 5th in cash sales from beef from the last report I saw. I don't keep up with the "who has the biggest" rankings. ;-)

tom4018":1com0sg9 said:
Beef11":1com0sg9 said:
Florida has the biggest cow/calf operation in the country (numbers)

This is old information but I don't think it has changed much:

Beef Cows Inventory
Rank State (1,000 Head)

1 Texas 5,520
2 Missouri 1,990
3 Oklahoma 1,965
4 Nebraska 1,930
5 South Dakota 1,559
6 Montana 1,542
7 Kansas 1,461
8 Kentucky 1,140
9 Tennessee 1,085
10 Florida 1,010
United States 33,683

I think what he meant is Florida has the single largest cow/calf operation in the US. It would be the Mormans on their Deseret Ranch. Dang place stretches across 2 or 3 counties. For some reason I want to say they have over 100,000 momma cows running the place. One entrance is right down the street from where I saddle up every AM. Surprisingly FLA has quite a few slots filled in the top 25 list of cow/calf operators.

I hear ya on those yanks, I moved here from NY just to get away from em. jp

flaboy-":h0xctw72 said:
Aplusmnt, yeah we have them everywhere. I guess the weather is nice enough for them to camp outside. "Will work for food". NOT! Many are offered jobs and they just say "naw, got any money"? Wish they would make it illegal. While I do feel for them, there is work if they would just take it.

So true! My dad use to be based out of Tampa as a Truck driver. All over the U.S. he has given people holding signs "Will work for Food" a chance to come unload his truck for him, while he slept. He says not once has a person took him up on the $50.00 for a couple hours work. He has turned it into a game to offer everyone of them he sees a job and not once has he got a bite.

Biggest Hoax in America "will work for food" :D

I offered a poor old fellow a job picking up pine cones out of one of my fields that still has pine tree's. He said "naw, it's hot out". :shock:

if i was a homeless person i would move too florida no one would ever know. sleep on the beach eat scraps live like all the other beach bums a king ;-)