Why Humans could become extinct.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/us/judge-shelley-joseph-indicted.html

Mass state judge indicted for preventing ICE from doing their job.

This is going to be an interesting case from a legal perspective. I know the thoughts of most on this Board, however, you will note the paragraph of the article:

ICE learned of his arrest and issued a federal immigration detainer that asked local law enforcement to hold him for 48 hours until ICE could take him into custody.

Immigration violations are normally civil in nature and ICE has absolutely no authority to tell a state, a judge, or local law enforcement what to do. ICE is not the FBI or the Police. The government is going to have a whale of a time not only in getting a conviction, but proving that these charges are not politically motivated.

I already know what most the responses to this post will be, but the law is the law and Congress can change it at any time. But they haven't.

This post on Why Humans could become extinct has got totally off track from the original subject and I helped it. I regret doing that no excuse could not help myself. Now how many years will it take for us humans to wipe ourselves out. Climate Change man made or natural it is happening and are we prepared to adjust our lives to live with the changes. I turn down the plastic bags they throw one item in and just hand carry it instead. Does it help that is only one little bag I did not use and throw away when I got home who knows just one little bag.

hurleyjd said:
This post on Why Humans could become extinct has got totally off track from the original subject and I helped it. I regret doing that no excuse could not help myself. Now how many years will it take for us humans to wipe ourselves out. Climate Change man made or natural it is happening and are we prepared to adjust our lives to live with the changes. I turn down the plastic bags they throw one item in and just hand carry it instead. Does it help that is only one little bag I did not use and throw away when I got home who knows just one little bag.

Of course it helps, we all need to what we can. We just don't need some idiot from the EPA telling us what we can or can't do. I want to be judged by my peers, not someone that's appointed and bought and paid for.

I'm betting on the "over" myself.

Those of you who think we only have 12 years left, any you know who you are, remind me of the kooks who thought we'd have pandemonium and chaos over Y2K. LOL, how'd that work out for ya?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
I'm betting on the "over" myself.

Those of you who think we only have 12 years left, any you know who you are, remind me of the kooks who thought we'd have pandemonium and chaos over Y2K. LOL, how'd that work out for ya?

The well to highly educated folks made some very bold predictions in the 70s and 80s that haven't been true. And it's all on the record, isn't there laws against causing fear and pandemonium to the general population?

True Grit Farms said:
Of course it helps, we all need to what we can. We just don't need some idiot from the EPA telling us what we can or can't do. I want to be judged by my peers, not someone that's appointed and bought and paid for.
Ding ding ding..winner!

The problem is, there is and always will be someone (a lot of someones) wanting and willing to take the 30 pieces of silver and thus be bought and paid for to do some alphabet agency's or burrowrat's bidding.

Anyone else having trouble getting the main index to different sections to work? The individual thread links to 'recent posts' on the right work, but trying to open any main section results in the following:
This page isn't working cattletoday.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Chrome and MS

(The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the website's server, but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.)

greybeard said:
Anyone else having trouble getting the main index to different sections to work? The individual thread links to 'recent posts' on the right work, but trying to open any main section results in the following:
This page isn't working cattletoday.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Chrome and MS

(The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the website's server, but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.)

ha! I came to this thread to ask the same question. I just get blank pages for everything (no error messages for me) unless I click on a thread from the right hand side or out of my notifications drop down menu. at least I am not the only one, that is always my main worry when the internets go whacky. :D

Hippie Rancher said:
greybeard said:
HTTP ERROR 500

Chrome and MS

ha! I came to this thread to ask the same question. I just get blank pages for everything (no error messages for me) unless I click on a thread from the right hand side or out of my notifications drop down menu. at least I am not the only one, that is always my main worry when the internets go whacky. :D

I hope this isn't the start of us going extinct. I couldn't log on like I normally do, I had to google cattle today and get on that way.

ohiosteve said:
I hope this isn't the start of us going extinct. I couldn't log on like I normally do, I had to google cattle today and get on that way.

Can you see all the posts in any of the boards? For example can you click on "Coffee Shop" and see the list of threads? I just get a blank page, I can only access the last thread posted or from my notifications.

Hippie Rancher said:
ohiosteve said:

Can you see all the posts in any of the boards? For example can you click on "Coffee Shop" and see the list of threads? I just get a blank page, I can only access the last thread posted or from my notifications.
No, I get an error like greybeard said. I haven't tried a bunch, I've been outside working on some things I just came inside to take a dump and I still can't access the site unless I google Cattle Today and then I get to the yellow page and click on Q and A boards then clicked on my notifications like you said. Oh well, I better go tighten the rest of the bolts I haven't tightened and finish my beer.

11:39pm and still getting an error. It has been reported to Mod2 since earlier in the day (Friday) and notification says it has been received so I suspect Admin is working on it..

Moving on, I see humanity isn't the only life form 'threatened'. Feral (or stray) cats in Australia are evidently a problem, decimating other life forms and the Govt intends to kill off between 2-6 million of the wild furry critters by dropping poisoned sausages all about the landscape.
Queensland is offering $10AU ($7USD) for each cat scalp turned in...I see a business opportunity for some of our Australian members...

I like it!!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/australia-is-trying-to-kill-millions-of-stray-cats-by-airdropping-poisoned-sausages-2019-04-26/

greybeard said:
HTTP ERROR 500

Chrome and MS

Yep had trouble for the last two days, beginning to think that I had been voted off of the island.

greybeard said:
11:39pm and still getting an error. It has been reported to Mod2 since earlier in the day (Friday) and notification says it has been received so I suspect Admin is working on it..

Moving on, I see humanity isn't the only life form 'threatened'. Feral (or stray) cats in Australia are evidently a problem, decimating other life forms and the Govt intends to kill off between 2-6 million of the wild furry critters by dropping poisoned sausages all about the landscape.
Queensland is offering $10AU ($7USD) for each cat scalp turned in...I see a business opportunity for some of our Australian members...

I like it!!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/australia-is-trying-to-kill-millions-of-stray-cats-by-airdropping-poisoned-sausages-2019-04-26/

The great cat war, reminds me of another war the Aussie's had.
https://youtu.be/BXpu6tbFCsI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts