Why heterosis levels can be equal...

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita":3auvtlax said:
Somebody never had a good ole fashion arse whoopin as a child. Clearly, he has no respect for others. He has never been able to play well with others. He is right; everybody else is wrong :lol2: . Still has to have his momma cut up his meat for him. I've fired people for a he!! of alot less, and I'm sick and tired of trying to dodge his sorry arse post. There are an entire world of cattlemen and women that do just fine without your opinion and words of wisdom; and your disrespectful attitude. Massey, YOU'RE FIRED. Now get the HE!! out of the way you piece of shyt!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Massey, I hate to dedicate a perfectly good song to you, but this fits you to a big arse "T".........you freakin small boy......listen to a song about yourself, freak show..... I'm tired of your disrespectful ****.
I dedicate this song to Massey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNF2KNcRm-U

Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and downs
I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

I'm eighteen
and I don't know what I want
Eighteen
I just don't know what I want
Eighteen
I gotta get away
I gotta get out of this place
I'll go runnin in outer space
Oh yeah

I got a
baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about
Feels like I'm livin in the middle of doubt
Cause I'm

Eighteen
I get confused every day
Eighteen
I just don't know what to say
Eighteen
I gotta get away

Lines form on my face and my hands
Lines form on the left and right
I'm in the middle
the middle of life
I'm a boy and I'm a man
I'm eighteen and I LIKE IT
Yes I like it
Oh I like it
Love it
Like it
Love it
Eighteen!
Eighteen!
Eighteen!
Eighteen and I LIKE IT

Massey135":fn8gwe96 said:
Then why is the f1 preferred over the mongrel?

Because a F1 cross is more consistent than a A+B+C cross; a A+B+C+D cross is yet a little less consistant, and more consistent than a mongrel.

Less consistent; not less heterosis.

An animal with a purebred sire and a purebred grandsire e.t.c will still show a great deal of consistency. 50% of its genes are from the first breed (A), 25% from the second breed (B), 12,5% from (C), and so on. It does not mean that much even to consistency, if there are three or four breeds in the mix, as long as no crossbred bulls are used.

Putting a crossbred bull on a crossbred cow makes a mongrel. All bets are off.

Colour wise, for example; a pure hereford bull gives some white to the face of all calves, while a hereford cross only gives it to some of his offspring.

If one wants to use a crossbred bull, and need consistency, the cows must be purebred. In this scenario there is no advantage in a threeway cross compared to a twoway cross, because there is no maternal heterosis with purebred cows.

Ouachita":lbq935wx said:
Somebody never had a good ole fashion arse whoopin as a child. Clearly, he has no respect for others. He has never been able to play well with others. He is right; everybody else is wrong :lol2: . Still has to have his momma cut up his meat for him. I've fired people for a he!! of alot less, and I'm sick and tired of trying to dodge his sorry arse post. There are an entire world of cattlemen and women that do just fine without your opinion and words of wisdom; and your disrespectful attitude. Massey, YOU'RE FIRED. Now get the HE!! out of the way you piece of shyt!!!
Dayum Wash....quit beating around the bush. :lol2: :lol: :lol2:

ANAZAZI":sbjnlall said:
Massey135":sbjnlall said:
Then why is the f1 preferred over the mongrel?

Because a F1 cross is more consistent than a A+B+C cross; a A+B+C+D cross is yet a little less consistant, and more consistent than a mongrel.

Less consistent; not less heterosis.

An animal with a purebred sire and a purebred grandsire e.t.c will still show a great deal of consistency. 50% of its genes are from the first breed (A), 25% from the second breed (B), 12,5% from (C), and so on. It does not mean that much even to consistency, if there are three or four breeds in the mix, as long as no crossbred bulls are used.

Putting a crossbred bull on a crossbred cow makes a mongrel. All bets are off.

Colour wise, for example; a pure hereford bull gives some white to the face of all calves, while a hereford cross only gives it to some of his offspring.

If one wants to use a crossbred bull, and need consistency, the cows must be purebred. In this scenario there is no advantage in a threeway cross compared to a twoway cross, because there is no maternal heterosis with purebred cows.

Thank you for that explanation Anazazi. It's helpful to those of us just learning.

Ouachita":dz99kr62 said:

Lol lil ol simpleton. The brash reality Is that you'll never be in a position to Fire me. You can be sick and tired all you want. Doing fine and maximizing your potential are far from the same.

Ps. Learn how to use the semicolon before you drop it. There's no need for the conjunction following the semicolon.

Massey135":213txvb6 said:
Ouachita":213txvb6 said:

Lol lil ol simpleton. The brash reality Is that you'll never be in a position to Fire me. You can be sick and tired all you want. Doing fine and maximizing your potential are far from the same.

Ps. Learn how to use the semicolon before you drop it. There's no need for the conjunction following the semicolon.
Gassey135, where is the second article? And can you answering my question about why your heifers can change the markings?

Doing fine and maximizing your potential......? Says a fake that only have purebred shorthorns.....if he has any actual ones.

Massey135":22l1nffi said:
No markings have changed. I'll show you pics of my cows anytime you want.
Just save your time to insert the pictures, I'll just google up and looking at your cattle.

polls_InternetToughGuy_0853_381652_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Latest posts