Why heterosis levels can be equal...

Help Support CattleToday:

This *was* a good post albeit short.
Somehow I don't think putting it in small words *why* heterosis is maximised on the third cross (which is not about the heterosis level of the 3-way crossed individual) would get through to the know-it-all, and I do think Anazazi knows more about this than I.

Interesting comment on Ayrshire fertility cp. They're a low fertility breed in this country too, and the most common choice for a 3-way dairy herd. In Ayrshire (the place of origin) they're considered to have much better health, fertility and temperament traits than the British Friesian, yet all of those traits are poorer in the NZ Ayrshire than the NZ Friesian - have the breeds changed that much in fifteen years or is this what happens when good genetics go overseas? I never worked with them directly in Ayrshire, I was with a British Friesian herd that had been crossed up.

hooknline":a9maeawt said:
I know for a fact he at least viewed this thread. I opened it in the first day or 2 and his name was at the bottom as viewing it. Probably took him this long to find 2 articles that supported his viewpoint
yes it was,, he really needs to hide his ""online status""..... :cowboy:

hooknline":22a1tfgd said:
I know for a fact he at least viewed this thread. I opened it in the first day or 2 and his name was at the bottom as viewing it. Probably took him this long to find 2 articles that supported his viewpoint
Well of course. He didn't find them in his "finance for beginners" books tho. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":ejiz4kcp said:
hooknline":ejiz4kcp said:
Well of course. He didn't find them in his "finance for beginners" books tho. :lol2: :lol2:
Silly of you to even comment when you still haven't grasped the time value of money concept.

Massey135":3av30qqj said:
TexasBred":3av30qqj said:
hooknline":3av30qqj said:
Silly of you to even comment when you still haven't grasped the time value of money concept.
:lol2: :lol2: didn't have to go to college to learn that dude. Now explain how that heifer with a white blaze on her face hardly down to the level of the eye ended up a year later the blaze down to her nose and you tried to tell us it was the same cow. You may be an idiot but we're not. :cowboy: Oh other markings didn't match either. :banana: Spend $150 and get Photoshop before yu post anymore before and after pics.

chippie":1phrwh48 said:
Massey135":1phrwh48 said:
http://www.noble.org/ag/livestock/heterosis/

(AB x C)

That is an informative website. Thanks for posting the link.

Your welcome. There is a world of information out there. Very little of what the Noble Foundation publishes is subjective. Ie FACTS

Massey135":13sd86c7 said:
http://www.noble.org/ag/livestock/heterosis/

(AB x C)
Yes, ABxC gives optimum heterosis... so does ABCxD... so does ABCDxE...As long as you don't start crossing back with the parent cattle it's optimized. That's why a three breed cross works so well. By the time they get back to the first breed they're two thirds something else.
All you did was find another link that said we should all crossbreed.

Then why is the f1 preferred over the mongrel?

I'm under the impression authors use the word maximize for a reason. It's synonymous with the most.

Taurus":1lihy1bd said:
That's good information but I don't need a biased paper to tell me how to raising the cattle.
You desperately need the help of an elementary English teacher. Having missed out on the basics, life must be extremely difficult for you.

Massey135":27rk2lo4 said:
Taurus":27rk2lo4 said:
That's good information but I don't need a biased paper to tell me how to raising the cattle.
You desperately need the help of an elementary English teacher. Having missed out on the basics, life must be extremely difficult for you.
I'm sure that someone needs to learn how to read and it's not me.

Massey135":26mc0q9b said:
Then why is the f1 preferred over the mongrel?

I'm under the impression authors use the word maximize for a reason. It's synonymous with the most.

You're making the assumption that it is less than maximum when new breeds are brought in when in reality it can stay at maximum until you go back to a parent breed...

Ok Massey135, that was one link, now where is the second one?

I browsed the first website a bit today. Some of it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. YMMV

Somebody never had a good ole fashion arse whoopin as a child. Clearly, he has no respect for others. He has never been able to play well with others. He is right; everybody else is wrong :lol2: . Still has to have his momma cut up his meat for him. I've fired people for a he!! of alot less, and I'm sick and tired of trying to dodge his sorry arse post. There are an entire world of cattlemen and women that do just fine without your opinion and words of wisdom; and your disrespectful attitude. Massey, YOU'RE FIRED. Now get the HE!! out of the way you piece of shyt!!!

Ouachita":1fys9yql said:
Somebody never had a good ole fashion arse whoopin as a child. Clearly, he has no respect for others. He has never been able to play well with others. He is right; everybody else is wrong :lol2: . Still has to have his momma cut up his meat for him. I've fired people for a he!! of alot less, and I'm sick and tired of trying to dodge his sorry arse post. There are an entire world of cattlemen and women that do just fine without your opinion and words of wisdom; and your disrespectful attitude. Massey, YOU'RE FIRED. Now get the HE!! out of the way you piece of shyt!!!
like.jpg

Taurus":1rm6e2l4 said:
Ouachita":1rm6e2l4 said:
like.jpg
like.jpg

like.jpg

like.jpg

like.jpg