• To learn from experts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To give expert advice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lilmac

Reaction score
I joined to read B.S. from jerks like Caustic whoever,
Masterbeef, TTCLM, Whynot, and to read people rant about such things as cheese. :roll:

I have cattle.
I like to read about cattle.
I love to laugh at people who think they know about cattle.
seemed natural that I would join. ( a coupe or three times :D )

I joined because I am new to raising cattle and read the board for awhile and decided there are a lot of really great folks here with some really sound advice.

I did not have to join just to read the forum. You can do that with out joining. I joined because i did not know alot about cattle and had some questions.

I agree with you that there are very few that i would take any advice from here on the forum.(probably could count them all on one hand) But thoes few that are here have been a big help to me.

I think that if you took a poll that most all members who have been here for anytime at all would agree that dun is one of thoes few who is very knowledgible and willing to help anyone out. In my book dun and others like him who are in the cattle bussiness are the true experts. And thoes few people are willing to help the most novice beginner out without belittling or disgracing them in any way.

And thoes few people are the ones who's knowledge, advice, experience are ask for from new & old members here alike.

And even though they are only a few like that here. They have been alot more like them who have came and gone that i have learned alot off of.

And even some of thoes who think they know it all can throw out some good ideas from time to time. I guess they might have learned it form someone who knew what they were talking about and just repeated what they were told. :lol:

Kind of like the old saying " Even a blind squrriel finds an acorn every now and then !" :lol: I herd that one on the movie bagger vance. :lol:

That is just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

help.gif

Picture it: the winter of 2004. A homesick college student avoids studying by searching for anything cattle related on the internet. everytime he searches, http://www.cattletoday.com comes up in the search engine. it is so obnoxious. he resists, not wanting to register for anything else.

at the time, http://www.cattlepages.com was the happening place and then suddenly! it just didnt work anymore. being a bored college student and doing whatever possible to prevent studying, i gave in and joined.

i was greeted by a BUNCH of hereford enthusiasts and a handful of die hard Angus folk upon arrival. Brahmans were taking all the heat as far as breed bashing goes.

Jake, txag, Frankie, DRCattle, dun, MR3,Craig-Tx, Arnold Ziffle, PatB, Campground Cattle, La4Angus, Texan, Certherfbeef, Sidney411, BLACKPOWER, CherokeeRuby, TheBullLady, Mahoney Pursley Ranch, et. al were the frequent posters. ohhh, do you remember these?

lilmac":1104ibpj said:
I did not forget you SL I just didnt take time to list ALL of the jerks.

lilmac - You owe me a glass of tea and a keyboard. :lol:

cfpinz

After reading the posts for months, had a question need some input joined. Helps knowing what others are experiencing. I like to know or think I know where my operation ranks compared to others.

I stumbled on this site by accident a while back. Read it a bit and later joined to participate and to get other views so I don't become entrenched in a narrow thought pattern. I like to remain open minded and like to think about other ways of doing things. I have found there is a lot of good advice on the board as long as you be specific and stay away from the subjective subjects.

Recently got back into cattle and needed to catch up on what whas new.

This is a great place to learn.

I used to spend a lot of time on the shooting forums. If you want to read some real caustic stuff go there some time.

i needed some help with bottle babies and the vet was out of town on a much deserved holiday. Tried the cattle pages and not much there but still check it out. Here was quite busy so figured someone must be able to help and they did. Thank you

I found this site back in Jan. 2007 when doing an internet search on teaching calves to tie and walk, prepping calves for FFA show, and on bottle babies.
I found this site to be full of knowledgeable information. I came to the site on a almost daily basis to see what was new and how things where going for people whom where having some type of a problem or the other with a cow.
Today/yesterday I came to the board with a problem of my very own and I got plenty of good solid help. To which the family and I are Thankful for getting.
Told our vet that many nice cattle people on the board helped us out till we could he could get to us (as today/yesterday is/was a holiday) he said the advice we had gotten was great and on the right track. So the ones who stepped up to help us out did not feed us any nonsense information. We are Thankful for that.

I like this board and think it is a great place.

Why Not wrote:

I joined where i could defend people from people who thought they must clear every thing they want to say from people like you.

So you are saying you joined a cattle forum to be a crusader?

Alice

Both, and to talk cows. I've been around cows long enough to have some advice to impart, but not long enough that there aren't times when I run into something that I have never dealt with before. So, really both reasons fit me.....

I joined for the Sports and Hunting Forum 8)

Then got entertained by all the bull a few of experts babble. :shock:

the ones that aren't, never have, and never will make a living out raising cattle.

I like the Cattle enthusiasts who have 1 head or a thousand that like talking cattle.

Oh Yeah! there are truly some good folks here. :D :D

lilmac":2yi8fdeg said:
I joined to read B.S. from jerks like Caustic whoever,
Masterbeef, TTCLM, Whynot, and to read people rant about such things as cheese. :roll:

It was so long ago, I have forgotten. :lol: