Who's in your tank?

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like someone made good use of the ABS Global fall special. I love getting a good deal, especially on something that you're likely to purchase anyway!

Looks like someone made good use of the ABS Global fall special. I love getting a good deal, especially on something that you're likely to purchase anyway!
Yes we did. We always know August 1 that special come out. Often that plays a big factor in who we use. I wanted to use Tahoe in the past but our Select Sire rep didn't have any available. We have someone do our AI as well and he's also an ABS rep. I have done a couple myself but don't have the confidence in knowing what I'm doing.

This fall I plan to use
TJ Gold
Roosevelt
And CCR 707 Cowboy
Might breed a few heifers to Charisma or CCR Boulder

Just curious what straws are in the semen tanks for fall breeding. This year for us:
Tehama Patriarch
Raven Powerball
Sitz Stellar
EB Plus One
You Won't go wrong with Sitz Stellar we're gonna be calving our first heifers out of him this year, and thinking of using a son out of him

I'm in the midst of breeding at the moment and mainly using
GAR Ashland
Mead Magnitude
DB Iconic
Plus I'm tidying up a few odds n sods which includes a few Musgrave Exclusive, Basin Rainmaker and a couple of Resources.

Ken

I have been ordering my semen during their special the last few years. have the following angus Chaps, Hickok, Magnitude, Titus, Jet Black, Powerball, Blackmagic. sim/angus is Pay Dirt. red angus; fusion, Propulsion, and Finished Product

I have been ordering my semen during their special the last few years. have the following angus Chaps, Hickok, Magnitude, Titus, Jet Black, Powerball, Blackmagic. sim/angus is Pay Dirt. red angus; fusion, Propulsion, and Finished Product
Sounds like you have a busy breeding season coming up. We like our Magnitudes. We will be breeding a few Magnitude heifers and using a son we raised to handle some of the clean up

HPF Quantum Leap
TKCC Classified
TJ Franchise sexed female
TJ Gold
CCR Boulder

Will be using the CCR Boulder on the heifers and the TJ Franchise sexed on the one heifer out of Boulder. Will also be putting in some Bandwagon X Built Right embryos and some by Grandmaster this year they certainly won`t do anything sitting in the tank another year.

HPF Quantum Leap
TKCC Classified
TJ Franchise sexed female
TJ Gold
CCR Boulder

Will be using the CCR Boulder on the heifers and the TJ Franchise sexed on the one heifer out of Boulder. Will also be putting in some Bandwagon X Built Right embryos and some by Grandmaster this year they certainly won`t do anything sitting in the tank another year.
We have never used sexed semen or done embryos. What kind of conception rate have you had with the sexed semen.

Would like to see some pictures if you ever get a chance. I considered using his son Resilient as well
I was thinking of getting you some pictures next time I see the heifers and the bulls and I sure will, we might use resilient as well next year Jimmy Sitz said to my dad if you like the stellars you're gonna love the resilients

We have 2 Resilient bull calves and 3 heifer calves getting weaned next week. I like them a lot. Stout, fleshy calves. They are going to ratio very well on weaning weight.
I welcome your pictures as well! I'm in a little different climate then you and sagecreek but am expecting some good results. Will be another year of anxiously waiting!

I was thinking of getting you some pictures next time I see the heifers and the bulls and I sure will, we might use resilient as well next year Jimmy Sitz said to my dad if you like the stellars you're gonna love the resilients
Sounds great. I used to live in Whitehall, is where I went to high-school. Not far from both Sitz operations. I used to work my summers fixing irrigation pipe. Was probably one of my most favorite jobs i ever had. I do miss that country.

One of the Resilient bull calves. Born mid-March. Should be weighing around 700-750. No creep here. His rear leg set could be a little better, but his momma kind of makes them that way and they stay sound and travel fine.IMG_20211012_093446.jpg

I ordered another 20 Mead Magnitude yesterday for use next year, gotta get them while hopefully still available here. There has been a lot of positive stuff about him on facebook of late as well.

Ken

Latest posts