who wears the pants in your family?

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":11wsc7cj said:
larryshoat":11wsc7cj said:
The one that wears the pants is the one that if a bear gets in the house has to fight it.

Dang, Larry, I'd concentrate my first efforts on good strong doors.

I know, but if somebody leaves the door open.........you know how those pesky bears can be :lol2: .

Larry

We'll here Me and the wife both wear the pants. She can wear mine, but there's times she don't let me in her's. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Calman":2bggz4b0 said:
We'll here Me and the wife both wear the pants. She can wear mine, but there's times she don't let me in her's. :lol: :lol:

Cal

:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: . And I got in trouble for my airport security post :lol: .

Larry

I make all the farm decisions and wife makes all the home decisions. We are happier this way than both having feelings hurt when we do not get our way.

We both make decisions , I don't say anything when she buys things for the house or the grandkids and she doesn't complain when I buy tractors, equipment,cows or tools because they are the things that provide the income to let her buy the things she wants

actually this goes with the valentines day post but my wife would rather have tools or cows or tractors than flowers
she has her eye on a special chainsaw :heart: :heart:
and she got plumb happy when I bought her a new inline hay trailer last yr and then I put hydraulics on it so she can dump without leaving the truck
I bought her a new discbine last yr for her BD

Never married and never will. Can get tough at times but I'll not have it any other way. Think it had a lot to do with growing up in a Calvinistic society.

alisonb":2mpiytp8 said:
Never married and never will. Can get tough at times but I'll not have it any other way. Think it had a lot to do with growing up in a Calvinistic society.
who's calvin? and why did he sour you out on the notion

alacattleman":378o7ju7 said:
alisonb":378o7ju7 said:

Isn't he the boy with the blanket on the funny pages?

cfpinz":2r0dbnoc said:
alacattleman":2r0dbnoc said:
alisonb":2r0dbnoc said:

No he was the boy with the stuffed tiger that comes to life when they are alone... Calvin and Hobbes :lol:

cfpinz":3unx39nf said:
alacattleman":3unx39nf said:
alisonb":3unx39nf said:

I think that's Linus in peanuts

alisonb":gtisb2wu said:
Why? as there is nowhere in John Calvin's works that say you can't marry.

chrisy":1azi7xci said:
Why? as there is nowhere in John Calvin's works that say you can't marry.
No Chris,it does not in fact quite the contrary. What it does do though is allows a society to institutionally and structurally accept the dominance of men.
And there are a lot of women out there that don't even realise it, especially from where i'm from. It has been accepted through the ages.....!
LazyARanch":1azi7xci said:
No he was the boy with the stuffed tiger that comes to life when they are alone... Calvin and Hobbes
:lol: Perhaps Hobbes would have changed my mind!
alacattleman":1azi7xci said:
and why did he sour you out on the notion
Not sour, just did't meet the Mr Right or maybe I did :shock: - I think its more about being my own person.

GMN":heocaqne said:
Is it your wife/husband or do each of you contribute equally to all decision making?

GMN

You must have a partner. I feel sorry for all you that cannot make decisions when you want.

alisonb":2usmqo22 said:

You are very wise!

nawwww, you just need to meet the right set of pants, just like we guys need to meet the right skirt. either way overcomes the Calvinism or whatever else baggage we all carry.

jmho. Jim