who wears the pants in your family?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN":1gdgraw1 said:
Is it your wife/husband or do each of you contribute equally to all decision making?

GMN

We both wear pants sometimes. She wears the pants on things she's good at, I wear pants on things I'm good at. We don't worry about who has them on at any given time. After you've been married as long as we have you sort of know who is the expert** on the question at hand. Jim

PS of course my wife might give you a different version of this!

edit: ** = that means we have been married long enough so that I know when resistance is futile

Woo, what a loaded question. This one's gonna get interesting. :banana:

At our house, it depends on the matter at hand. We take charge of different things. I guess it comes out about 50/50, never gave it much thought. After nearly 29 years of marriage, we've learned not to "big deal" it.

We discuss everything but when it comes to the house or the pets I always make the final decisions. I guess we are in a different situation than most, because after working side by side everyday for so many years we now sometimes do not see each other for weeks at a time .So I have to make all of the decisions for us, but any large purchases we always always discuss it. I think the key to any good marriage is trust and communication.

We both do, but most of the time I usually get what I want as my Husband says I have more of an eye for things than him, sometimes I wonder if that is just a back handed compliment. and on some things I let him think it is his decision I have got that down to a fine art.

We both do- but we are honest with are strengths and shortcomings and cede to the best choice.
I let hubby hang on to the he-man idea that if it comes to a draw on a decision his vote over rules mine. But hes smart enough not to push the point and get disillusioned :)
It used to embarrass him to let other people know how much of the farm I run- now hes proud of it.
Biggest thing that helps us is that we pretty much agree on all the big stuff- and the little stuff isn't that important.

By default,I do.. Cats won't wear pants.. My kids try to tell me what to do,but it doesn't take. :)

chrisy":c2tisipi said:
We both do, but most of the time I usually get what I want as my Husband says I have more of an eye for things than him, sometimes I wonder if that is just a back handed compliment. and on some things I let him think it is his decision I have got that down to a fine art.

:lol2: :lol2: You and my wife must have had the same teacher. That is an artful craft and it is viewed here as one of the signs of being a lady.

well im in a differant boat being a bachlor.alot of things i do an dont talk to any1 about it.but when it comes to spending big money my mom thinks she has a say in it.but i can usually get things done my way.

The one that wears the pants is the one that if a bear gets in the house has to fight it. The one that if the bank calls wanting to know where the payment is has to call. The one that if you have a flat tire has to cahnge it. The one that has to answer the question, what do we do now?
When my daughter was young (and even now) if she wanted to do something fun she wanted mommy, if there was some kind of trouble she wanted daddy. So I guess after thinking about it I wear the pants and I guess it works out because I don't think Linda wants to wear the pants. I think she is more of an armchair quarterback kind of pants wearer and when I do something she says to do and it don't work out she says "you never listen to me why did you start now". In the end we're all a little crazy and with a man and a woman if that craziness kind of meshes, it works.

Larry

Making decisions is not an issue for me. They are not always right but I can make them immediately. She can never decide.

She is really good at many things and she has the say on them. The initial say and the final say. If she asks for my input, I'll give it but try to do it in a way that helps her decide - for her.

I have the say in other things. She stays out of the way and lets me do my thing.

On some things we just go along with what the other does. Things like she picks out her vehicles and I pick out mine.

She's reading over my shoulder and laughing.

You all gave great answers! Some made me laugh, some made me think.

I was single for a LONG time (12 years) before I got married again (4 years next month) and my hubby
always wears the pants in the family. Now, not to say that I never make decisions because I do, BUT... (lord there I go with that big BUT again... :lol: ) we each have things we make decisions about where sometimes it might be 90% him and 10% me or vice-versa, or 60-40, or 50-50. Depends on our experiences, expertise, passion for the topic or decision at hand, and sometimes down to value for money, or the best debater. We don't always see eye to eye, but we try to always discuss things. We try to blend our ideas and opinions to do whats best for us, our family, and our trucking business and ranch.
The point is, you have to have respect for each other, and show it.
I firmly believe that a man is a man, a woman is a woman, and each of the sexes are better at certain things than the other, but we are all equal.

I could go on and on and ON, but I won't... :secret: :lol2: :lol2:

Good one HD I needed the laugh. :lol2:

As for the question I would say both of us do. Hubby does somethings well and some things terrible, same goes for me. But the things he does bad I do great and the things I do bad he does great.

grubbie":22nm8sr4 said:
Sometimes her, sometimes me,....but on the best nights, neither one of us.

Best answer yet!

Seperate accounts is the best decision we've ever made.

Latest posts