Who to breed to.....

Help Support CattleToday:

I had a son several years ago. Still have many cows in the herd sired by this bull. Good udders, great dispositions, very fertile

T & B farms said:
Lazy M said:
T & B farms said:
I sure don't think I would breed heifers to Chisum 6175. His cows have done me very weIl, just a little disappointed in the teat size on them. I won't use war party just because of his 40 Milk EPD. That is the only reason, I think he is a good looking bull.

Perhaps you'd like this son then..I do.
http://origenbeef.org/semen_detail.php?bull=994

He is darn nice to my eye.
Do you have any war party's in production? I'm curious on udder attachment and teat size

War Party's dam is a full sister to CRA Bextor. My neighbor has War Party progeny (6 year old cows) and they are gentle, easy fleshing, square hipped, looooong and really nice udders. After seeing his cows, I decided I need some of them.

I'm not a GAR fan at all. Have seen too many light muscled, bad footed, hatchet reared cattle carrying that prefix. With tgat being said I saw a Sure Fire son today that was good. I almost pulled the trigger on him. Then seen another yearling out of a GAR cow. May still buy him. Both had more muscle than most I see. Tge Sure Fire was a little more smaller frame size than I prefer.

CreekAngus said:
T & B farms said:
Lazy M said:
Perhaps you'd like this son then..I do.
http://origenbeef.org/semen_detail.php?bull=994

He is darn nice to my eye.
Do you have any war party's in production? I'm curious on udder attachment and teat size

War Party's dam is a full sister to CRA Bextor. My neighbor has War Party progeny (6 year old cows) and they are gentle, easy fleshing, square hipped, looooong and really nice udders. After seeing his cows, I decided I need some of them.

I'm very much still learning. I like War partys looks and all the numbers except the $EN and Milk. I don't think that fits my low input model, unless you're able to convince me otherwise.

CentralFLAngus said:
Changing topics a bit to talk more docility, do y'all think that docility is really more genetic than
it is sociological and how they are raised?
Docility is 44% heritable, leaving 56% as environmental. (source: AAA trait heritabilities)

44% is very significant influence and I like stacking the deck in my favor whenever possible.

p.s.
Mature Height 59% heritable
Scrotal circum. 48%
Birth Weight 46%

Makes sense. I think the biggest bull in question right now is how people use Rampage. I have a Rampage son and have nothing but docile results to this point. I know there are some people that will avoid them like the plague.

T & B farms said:
What happened to Thor? I read he has no semen available, and none to come.

I was told that he got a really bad infection. Not sure what happened after that.

LCBulls said:
T & B farms said:
I was told that he got a really bad infection. Not sure what happened after that.
Just to stir the pot...
Do you really want to use a bull if his immune system can't even protect himself from getting
a bad infection? To some unknown extent (perhaps 20%) animal health is inherited. To achieve
maximum health requires a naturally strong heart, lungs and circulatory system. All body parts
are inherited, so even if causes of illness are 80% environment/nutrition it's still very important.

Son of Butch said:
LCBulls said:
T & B farms said:
Just to stir the pot...
Do you really want to use a bull if his immune system can't even protect himself from getting
a bad infection? To some unknown extent (perhaps 20%) animal health is inherited. To achieve
maximum health requires a naturally strong heart, lungs and circulatory system. All body parts
are inherited, so even if causes of illness are 80% environment/nutrition it's still very important.

It says online that there will never be any Semen Available on him so we won't need to worry about that. Maybe that's what they were thinking. They probably just put him down?

Thor was being collected at the same facility our bull was. He was an exceptionally nice looking fella but he was struggling with a scrotal infection of some sort. I am glad they made the decision to not collect, whether he was or was not producing now.

I'd have liked to use him.

Prophet in his pedigree completely ruined him for me. Everyone was so excited about him, I was wondering what had happened.

Latest posts