Who got rain from front?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Was afraid the front moving through was going to lose all the moisture before it got here. Stars were out an hour ago but I just heard the wonderful sound of raindrops! It is sure dry here. Winter grazing is suffering terribly. Maybe we will get something more than a sprinkle and get things growing. Hope ya'll got some where it was needed.

Been about 3 weeks without rain here in Oklahoma. Got a few sprinkles the other night, but that was it. Ground starting to crack.

Didn't get any rain from the front. Got a little shower here the other day, but it soaked in very quick.

I cleaned floors the day before the little shower we got....it always seems to rain after I do that. :)

Hope you get some rain your way.

Joo,

When the front came thru last night headed your way, it was my almost bedtime. Last night was the 1st time this year that I can remember going to bed, laying there listening to the rain and thunder.

This morning while checking the cows, the rain gauge showed 1 1/8" of rain.

Thank you LORD !!!!!!!!!

We got .17" around midnight.

Seems like it was over as soon as it got here. :roll:

Better than nothing I guess.............................. will help the planted grazing and I'm thankful for it.

We got about .3" from Monday night through Tuesday afternoon and another .5" overnight Tuesday. St. Louis reported .01" at Lambert Airport for the same time period. Glad we got more than that!

got a sprinkle. daddy better get his cotton harvested quick b/c i'm doing the raindance. i bet it gets cold as nuts now though. :(

I heard it start to howl about 8pm last night. Didn't get any rain. Got oats sown so could use some though. It was nice and cool this morning when I got up though!

We got a pretty good rain night before last and several good ones yesterday and last night. We REALLY needed it. Should help the winter grazing I sowed (ryegrass, oats and wheat).

Glad to see many of you got rain. Got 0.1 in one gauge and 0.25 in another.

john250":2qdcbgjh said:
0.7"
Glad for every drop. But we need more.
Aren't we all nuts; to put our economic futures on the weather? :shock:

You got a good point. I often think about how many folks are clueless as to how weather affects our livelihoods or the stress it can put you under.

john250":ezf2kfqu said:
0.7"

You got a good point. I often think about how many folks are clueless as to how weather affects our livelihoods or the stress it can put you under.[/quote]

Jo, methinks most of the urban folks, only care if its raining so they dont get wet going to and from the mall.

Limomike":5986qwk0 said:
john250":5986qwk0 said:
0.7"

You got a good point. I often think about how many folks are clueless as to how weather affects our livelihoods or the stress it can put you under.

Jo, methinks most of the urban folks, only care if its raining so they dont get wet going to and from the mall.[/quote]

Somebody a while back posted that they thought the golfers' prayers for fair weather had us dirt-dobbers outnumbered. :lol: