Which one do we keep? We made a decision!

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":38vppfvl said:
ANAZAZI":38vppfvl said:
Wise choise. by the way;

When that was a Clinton joke it wasn't funny. It's even less funny now. Last time I looked Bush wasn't the president of Sweeden, when he is you get to make fun of him. Right now for better or worse he is our president and you don't get to make fun of him or anybody else who is OUR president.

Besides that what does it have to do with this thread?

My thoughts exactly. Jokes are told in the Coffee Shop board, and I wouldn't recommend telling that joke there either.

I am sorry; I will erase the joke; if it really offends people you should do the same so no more people will be disturbed.
Thank you 3waycross and bandit80 for pulling my foot out.

Looks like the bull test paid off....We have already sold the other two bulls and could have sold 3 more. I guess we will have to really evaluate this years calves before we bring out the knife. :D

Way to go Jovid!!!

I think the red polls have a lot to offer and I really enjoy my own.

I had offered to let the people whom I bought my heifers from originally to use Buster on their cows so they could have an outcross, but he told me they had another bull out of their old stock. When I told my niece (her ex step dad has some kind of lease contract with Shreivers on their red polls, she nearly fell over that they declined breeding to a grand champion... oh well their loss not mine, I'm sure my niece told him but they missed out as I'm using him now and I plan on having him collected probably in Sept/Oct as I want to donate some straws for the fall red poll sale to benefit the youth program.

MoGal":1vo7tekk said:
Way to go Jovid!!!

I had offered to let the people whom I bought my heifers from originally to use Buster on their cows so they could have an outcross, but he told me they had another bull out of their old stock. When I told my niece (her ex step dad has some kind of lease contract with Shreivers on their red polls, she nearly fell over that they declined breeding to a grand champion... oh well their loss not mine, I'm sure my niece told him but they missed out as I'm using him now and I plan on having him collected probably in Sept/Oct as I want to donate some straws for the fall red poll sale to benefit the youth program.

That would be great....Speaking of Juniors you all night might to try and come to the Junior show in Sedalia on June 20th-22nd. Banquet Saturday night and show on Sunday morning. Also are Western States meeting this year will be in Columbus KS on August 8th & 9th.

MoGal":2jhiztj1 said:
Way to go Jovid!!!

I had offered to let the people whom I bought my heifers from originally to use Buster on their cows so they could have an outcross,
  • >>>but he told me they had another bull out of their old stock.<<
When I told my niece (her ex step dad has some kind of lease contract with Shreivers on their red polls, she nearly fell over that they declined breeding to a grand champion... oh well their loss not mine, I'm sure my niece told him but they missed out as I'm using him now and I plan on having him collected probably in Sept/Oct as I want to donate some straws for the fall red poll sale to benefit the youth program.
is that really a big deal? just asking , cause i dont think it was probably anything againts your bull. alot of breeders have certain cow families, genetics they want to keep pursuing

Well I typed up response and IE had to shut down so its out in cyberspace somewhere!!!

You all are absolutely right and it didn't offend me in the least when he declined. My bull's bloodline would have been an outcross for them that they could have kept all heifers and bred back to their old stock w/o linebreeding heavily.

My current bull is longer length and thicker than their "old" bloodline, but if that's what they are happy with then I'm happy for them.