Which one do we keep? We made a decision!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
Just brought home three bulls from the bull test and would like some input on which one to keep.

701a.jpg

703.JPG

705.JPG

Thanks

by looks, #3. out of #1 and #2 - which one had the best ADG? were they tested for RFI?

ROB

ROB":3l7os36u said:
by looks, #3. out of #1 and #2 - which one had the best ADG? were they tested for RFI?

ROB

# 1 and # 3 ADG were very similar at around 3.40 and the WDA was 3.10.

# 2 is out of a different bull and his ADG was 2.91 and WDA 2.96.

Unfortunately no RFI.

ALACOWMAN":ij0qzaho said:
if their on test ain't they usually in the same age group

I would think so, but the pictures may have been taken at differnt ages. #3 just looks like a more mature bull to me.

Jovid":1g4l12tz said:
ROB":1g4l12tz said:

ROB

# 1 and # 3 ADG were very similar at around 3.40 and the WDA was 3.10.

# 2 is out of a different bull and his ADG was 2.91 and WDA 2.96.

Unfortunately no RFI.

how did these bulls ratio with other bulls in the group - with respect to ADG? what was the expected gain the feed ration used supposed to achieve?

ROB

Wild Cattle":32nbqjfo said:
Yep, way crooked.....yea he has a nice hip, but I don't breed cattle with bad legs. Structure first.
I agree with this. He has a lot of meat and muscle but way to cycle hocked. He will have stifle problems and quit mounting cows before his time. sounds like #1 by be the choice for longevity and ADG.

Avalon":1hl9xacg said:
Wild Cattle":1hl9xacg said:
Yep, way crooked.....yea he has a nice hip, but I don't breed cattle with bad legs. Structure first.
I agree with this. He has a lot of meat and muscle but
  • way to cycle hocked
. He will have stifle problems and quit mounting cows before his time. sounds like #1 by be the choice for longevity and ADG.
way too sickle hocked?

A little too much hock is a whole lot better than a little too straight.

The showring's idea of sound and what works in the real world differs somewhat.

Latest posts