brahma_show_girl

Reaction score
Heifer 1

RRR_Heifer.jpg

Heifer 2

April_Calf_1.jpg

Heifer 3

number_4_calave.jpg

I have pictures of there Dam and Sire if you want them. They were all born in March of 07. They are all out of our Bull TTT MR SUVA MARTIN

I have some fears with all three. I don't now if Heifers 1 and 2 will get the right amount of Hip Height needed. Both of there mothers are short but tremendously thick cows. I also don't know if heifer 3 will widen out and become thick, her mother has the same problem.

I don't really know a whole lot about choosing a brahma, however I like number 2. She really caught my eye compared to the others.

4-H_Kid07":3cixe958 said:
I like 2 and 3...

same here. i would go with whichever of those two you like best. 2 looks thicker, 3 looks growthier. whichever one you think will do better for you and has the better disposition is the one to go with.

I like 2 and 3 but I like 3 for the coulor, i dont know if the shows down there judge on color, but up here they do, at our 4-H show anyways.! :) But they are both very nice looking animals!

Katy

#1 is not show quality
#2 needs a better rump structure
#3 is probably your best chance. don't worry about the color, she will be a dark grey when she's grown.

#3 is the best from the pics... good depth and decent hipped. However, you're going to suffer from the sheath and heavier dewlap.

With Brahman cattle, it's typical that the deeper, meatier cattle also have a lot of "leather".

Number 2 and 3 are both good. If I were you I would break both of them and jack - pot them to see which one dose the best then run that one. I've seen both type of heifer go on to do good. I showed with a guy who showed brahma and did really well I showed for him some times but my true love is Exodics and Engish.

yip":38d0c64h said:
#1 is not show quality
#2 needs a better rump structure
#3 is probably your best chance. don't worry about the color, she will be a dark grey when she's grown.

Yip, would you mind elaborating on these comments? I have not had a lot of experience with Brahman cattle and I'm trying to learn from those who have.

Even though I'm not real sure on how to pick tropical cattle, my thoughts were that #1 didn't have the softness and femininity of the other two (a little too coarse for my liking), #3 was not quite as balanced or thick as #2. I would pick #2 even though she appears a touch smalller than #3. I think she is the most complete, the softest and most feminine, and the most balanced out of the three.

Good luck with them and keep us updated :D

I agree with you Keren. I actually thought 2 was my better choice. But I wanted to get some more opions. I think 3 could be a little more balanced and a shade more thick. I still have a couple of more months to decide. I can wait and see how they develope. I just hope 2 - TJ's Miss Black Diamond, takes after her daddy and gets as big as he is. I will update when I choose.

Thanks!

Latest posts