Which Ai Drugs?

Help Support CattleToday:

I used Factrel for gnrh and Lute for PG last year, may go back to Cystorylin this year, no particular reason other than doses per bottle.
If you are only doing 4, doses would play a part.
I do like Lute better because in my mind using 5cc vs 2cc on the Estrumate gives a little more room for error if a drop seeps out.

Factrel is the only one on either side that I don't like. They're all supposed to be equal but I test that with thousands of observations and factrel is the one that sticks out as under-performing to me.

cow pollinater":3127fsug said:
Factrel is the only one on either side that I don't like. They're all supposed to be equal but I test that with thousands of observations and factrel is the one that sticks out as under-performing to me.
When we used it we had "under preformance" issues also.

For timed AI, we use CIDRs, GnRH (at insertion of CIDR and again at breeding), and Lute (when we pull CIDRs after a week).

For what its worth here is what we will be using this year:

Protocol is as follows

14 day for heifers

Thursday Nov 19th
Place Cidrs in heifers.

Thursday Dec 3rd
Remove Cidrs

Saturday Dec 19th @ 6:00pm
Give injection PGF (Lutalyse ,Estrumate, Estrogen-Plan) see label for dose.

Tues Dec 22
Breed heifers after cows. (10:00am)
Give 2cc dose Gnrh ( Cystoraline,factrel ,or Fertygel)

All injections w/1 1/2 " needle deep muscle.

7 Day cidr for Cows.

Saturday Dec 12
Place Cidrs w/injection Gnrh2cc

Saturday Dec 19
Remove Cidrs w/injection PGF.
@ 5:30 pm

Tuesday Dec 22
Breed cows 7:00 w/injection Gnrh.

Like I said for what its worth this is the protocol we will be using this year.

gizmom

I have had excellent results using the 7 day CIDR protocol for cows with Cystorelin (GnRH) and Estrumate (PGF).

I like the Michigan G6G protocol. get good results with it using GNRH and PGF2A

it is more trips thru the chute but my cattle pretty well auto load into the chute.

I weighed heifers this past weekend....weigh them every 28 days and five of the six were standing at the back of the scale waiting their turn....I took a picture of a heifer waiting behind the scale but it is on the computer at home....

Latest posts