When will we see some hay?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher

Reaction score
Someone said it has been raining north of Dallas and up into Ok. When should we expect to see some hay?
I found this today
I have some freshly cut Wheat Hay for sale in Commerce, TX. They are 6x4 rolls, fertilized 32-0-0, and net-wrapped. There are 253 rolls available. Asking $60 per roll!
What do you fellows think?

Kingfisher":3r430k1a said:
Someone said it has been raining north of Dallas and up into Ok. When should we expect to see some hay?
I found this today
I have some freshly cut Wheat Hay for sale in Commerce, TX. They are 6x4 rolls, fertilized 32-0-0, and net-wrapped. There are 253 rolls available. Asking $60 per roll!
Sounds like you will be seeing hay when some of us guys that are gettting rain start trucking it down therebut frieght is gonna make it like gold with fuel as high as it is
I had a guy from Texas call a couple weeks ago and said he would buy all I wanted to haul to him at $140 pr ton
said he would pay in advance
the freight was $90 of the price

we got a real nice rain yesterday evening an into last nite.i know we wont be buying any hay this year.we may even have some to sale,an its already sold if we have extra.

Kingfisher":zbs58khm said:
I found this today

Could you let me swing by and pick up a couple of bales from you? I live in Campbell so you're close. Will my spoiled cows like the wheat hay? I've never fed it to them before.

bigbull338":2qifduzv said:
we got a real nice rain yesterday evening an into last nite.i know we wont be buying any hay this year.we may even have some to sale,an its already sold if we have extra.

Where are you located? Thanks in advance.

BlondieMom":1rtwdxg4 said:
Could you let me swing by and pick up a couple of bales from you? I live in Campbell so you're close. Will my spoiled cows like the wheat hay? I've never fed it to them before.

Find some better hay. I'm east of Greenville and they are cutting and baling now. Some should be on the market pretty soon.

Around here I think hay will get really expensive since so many hayfields are being converted to cotton. Heck, I've seen more land cleared up in one week as I have in 15 years - trees and all. Also two of our larger hay producers have retired. I doubt this will affect the larger cattle producers but the small guys will be spending at least $50+/bale. Especially those small guys that think they are doing someone a favor by buying a $50 roll and showing up 30 minutes later than promised.

theres a place that has prolly 300acs in it about 7mi from me.theyve already cut an baled an hauled the hay out.so some1 mustve bought it all standing.

slick4591":11navmtl said:
BlondieMom":11navmtl said:

Find some better hay. I'm east of Greenville and they are cutting and baling now. Some should be on the market pretty soon.

Any hay news for me yet? I need square and round bales. I need to know the price and if delivery is available. I would prefer coastal or tifton. Thanks.

BlondieMom":3j75apn0 said:
slick4591":3j75apn0 said:
BlondieMom":3j75apn0 said:

Any hay news for me yet? I need square and round bales. I need to know the price and if delivery is available. I would prefer coastal or tifton. Thanks.

See your PM.

Latest posts