When not deer hunting..

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I missed a nice sized cat.. The .17hmr found its mark at 130 yds or so with the light Hook and I have

ResizedImage_1418137829723_zps9dc586b5.jpg

TN Cattle Man":3ocgt6rd said:
Sky,
What do you do with the fox's? Do you sell the furs?

I use to sell them to an old man that dealt in fur but he doesnt fool with it anymore so I am going to try to freeze what I can and give to trappersteve if I have room in my freezer. Trappersteve is trying to get me to sell fur but I am not really set up to process the furs but I may try to tan a fur or 2 this year. I generally probably kill about 30 foxes and 10 yotes and a few cats and a good 40-50 coons I am not sure how much I could get off those hydes but im sure I could get my money back that I spent in gas and bullets. They used to pay 75 bucks for each coyote you killed here and when that was going on I made many a house payments by way of coyote :lol2:

Named'em Tamed'em":3p9kkmrh said:
Skin him and wear it inside out for under ware. :) :)
have you seen this dude?? It would take a small bear to make him a pair of drawers. :nod: :mrgreen:

Hook":3lyvogp7 said:
i skinned a fox out a few years back. Very very thin skinned. Bobcats too. I messed them up and haven't gotten a chance to try again.

Yea.. I will be trying it out to see what happens the cats are really thin skinned according to my taxidermist .

I have read this thread several times.
Being an avid outdoors man I can not comprehend the killing of an animal just to kill it.
If I am not going to eat it and it is not destroying my stuff, it has a right to live IMO.
I have dispatched many varmints for getting into the Mrs. Banny chicken's.
I was raised you didn't kill any animal unless it was for food or it was destroying livestock .
Those that didn't I have a live and let live policy.

I was taught the same way CB. But I can remember my Pop shooting hawks every chance he had. And he'd set a live trap for bobcat and coon, using a live chicken for bait. In the fall of the year he'd also release 40 wild turkeys on the ranch. So I feel that's why he shot and trapped varmints. Myself I don't want anything that eats meat or fish on my land.

Latest posts