when a car was a car and atrain was a train......

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy

Reaction score
Hey Friends, this will really take you back a few years. However, some of you may be too young.

WHAT MEMORIES. WHEN A CAR WAS A CAR
AND A TRAIN WAS A TRAIN.
For all you car & train lovers.
firsttrain.jpg

Heber City , Utah
train.jpg

2-8-0 #43 Nevada Northern, Ely , Nevada . New Hope & Ivyland atNew Hope
3rdtrain.jpg

Above & below:At King Road inOwosso, Michigan ,Pere Marquette 1225, a 2-8-4 Berkshire , pours it on with a freight from history next to a Ford Model A pickup recreating a scene from the good old days.
5thtrain.jpg

6thtrain.jpg

Steaming down memory lane isPere Marquette 1225Owosso, Michigan
7thtrain.jpg

Southern 2-8-0 #610 at Rock Spring , Georgia
( Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum ..)
8thtrain.jpg

9thtrain.jpg

Heber City , Utah . Union Pacific 2-8-0 #618 and a 1953 Buick Super.This has to be the classic of classic photos!It defies time itself. When I saw this photo, I was transported back to those wonderful days when life was full of simple pleasures, back when we were satisfied with less and happy to walk instead of ride.This is February 6, 2007 when time and eternity intersect at this crossing. And to think that you and I, and others, once had a stage like this everyday for the greatest performance ever. Oh what the generation of today has missed. Great Memories!
CARS WE WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN
1stcar.jpg

Harley Earl and the 1938 Buick.. Think about this. This picture was taken 70 years ago.
thunderbolt.jpg

1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt
lasabre.jpg

1951 Buick LeSabre What would you give for this car now
chrysler.jpg

1951 Chrysler K310
wildcat.jpg

1953 Buick Wildcat
firearrow.jpg

1954 Dodge FireArrow
premiere.jpg

1958 Lincoln Premiere
nashrambler.jpg

1955 Nash Rambler Cross Country Wagon
sunliner.jpg

1956 Ford Sunliner
brookwood.jpg

1959 Chevrolet Brookwood Stationwagon
hornet.jpg

1951 Hudson Hornet
fury.jpg

1959 Plymouth Fury
littlecar.jpg
untitled-27.jpg

1958 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser - The rear window on the 58 Merc Turnpike Cruiser could retract into the body, giving the occupants flow-through ventilation. This car, like most of its generation, didn't have air-conditioning, even as an option.
studebaker.jpg

1951 Studebaker Champion
boattail.jpg

1971 Buick Rivera Boattail
convertible.jpg

1958 Edsel Convertible
One would sit on the porch and name the cars as they drove by. . .
unlike today . ..
when they all look the same.
This is when a car was a car.....

Where are the Packards!?
Deusenberg?

Chrisy, you must be getting email from some "really" old folks. I'm 61 and I only remember a few of those cars. Steam engines I've only seen on video (the railroads bypassed my town).

john250":2dk23s3x said:
Where are the Packards!?
Deusenberg?

Chrisy, you must be getting email from some "really" old folks. I'm 61 and I only remember a few of those cars. Steam engines I've only seen on video (the railroads bypassed my town).
I don't know of any, and steam trains had just been started to be fazed out by the time I can remember. My Hubby's friend who is 72 sent the e-mail to me. and I thought a few on here might like to see it.

Latest posts