What's in your wallet?

Help Support CattleToday:

1982vett

Reaction score
The_Beginning_Dec_1982.jpg

I've carried this for a real long time.

I had the story that went with it all typed in and the "broken link" page ate it. Maybe I'll write it up again later.

My grandpa carried a note I wrote him when I was 5, till he passed away 6 years ago when I was 27. I had gone by his house one day when he was gone and left him a note. It said-

"I wuz her. I hav to go bak hom. Luv Isom"

I kept a couple of love letters, from the 7th grade in Jackson Ga. kept em in my wallet for years still got em put away.. when ever i got a new wallet i just put them in it to. after awhie i hated to throw em away..my wife didnt care for it.. though they were just sorta sentimental only :p

I kept a 2 dollar bill in my pocket, for 12 years.Mother gave it to me,and told me I'd never be broke. Changed wallet a couple years ago, my son seen it and wanted it.I gave it to him. There's no telling where it is now.

I've still carry the first dollar I ever made off the farm, been carrying it for 36 years now. Funny thing is I don't have any that I've made since then.

Isomade":lish8398 said:
My grandpa carried a note I wrote him when I was 5, till he passed away 6 years ago when I was 27. I had gone by his house one day when he was gone and left him a note. It said-

"I wuz her. I hav to go bak hom. Luv Isom"

Shows how much he loved you. I would do anything for my grandkids. Remember they are a part of you! :heart:

oscar p":1io78kyn said:
I kept a 2 dollar bill in my pocket, for 12 years.Mother gave it to me,and told me I'd never be broke. Changed wallet a couple years ago, my son seen it and wanted it.I gave it to him. There's no telling where it is now.

My mother has the same superstition.

I had a greetings from uncle sam notice(for all you youngins,a draft notice) I caried for years and finally put it up.
Funny part about it was that I had already been in the army for 3 years and recieved it while serving in Korea.

Cal

1982vett":huzom10w said:
The_Beginning_Dec_1982.jpg

I've carried this for a real long time.

I had the story that went with it all typed in and the "broken link" page ate it. Maybe I'll write it up again later.

Short version.

Well, in a couple weeks it will be 28 years. That 25 year old young man was hurting that night. The blessings of the Lord my God has seen fit to give me a chance to bring her back into my life and at the same time gave me a swift kick in the butt for good measure. Squaring both these things has made a profound change and life is looking up for a change......despite the weather and cattle.

Of the many things that gave me guidance, these help me most:

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

And a quote from Nathaniel Hawthorn:

Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Anyone ever play liar's poker? I've got two loaded dollars from the 70's. Never played them because I did not want to lose them. One has 7 threes. Other one has 6 aces and a pair of 7's.

Have a check for 252.oo dollars wrote on 11-16-89 from Stephen C. Ellis D.B.A. as Lucky Lady Seafood that bounced still hoping to catch up with him someday. :nod:

backhoeboogie":3kmcpas6 said:
Anyone ever play liar's poker? I've got two loaded dollars from the 70's. Never played them because I did not want to lose them. One has 7 threes. Other one has 6 aces and a pair of 7's.
Funny you should mention that, I still have one floating around that has/had 7 9s. That thing got me a lot of drinks in the distant past. I may have to look around and see if I still have it in a drawer or something

I used to have a poem that my son wrote when we had moved into out little house we had before I met Steve. It was very small, it was drafty, it needed some paint, but it was our's and my son wrote about how he felt loved and secured there knowing that I was supporting him. He never showed it to me. I found it on the computer a couple of years later when I was cleaning out files. I printed it and carried it around until it started to fall apart. I never knew he felt that way about me, or that he could be compelled to put it into words. Very touching, especially considering all the trials we endured as a family during my single years. He was 16 at the time.

Made me feel like I did okay after all.

A small slip of paper that simply reads: Numbers 6:24-26

The passage:

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

Angus In Texas":5n44pzd2 said:
A small slip of paper that simply reads: Numbers 6:24-26

The passage:

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.
I like that one. Another favorite is Isah 40:31

Those who trust in the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mountnup with wings as eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

17 dollars, a credit card that needs cut up, my fumigation/pesticide lisence, drivers lisence, and some pocket lint!

I don't own a wallet, just cram stuff that I need that day in my pocket. It's all in my truck, that's where I live, even though I not really homeless. gs

Latest posts