Whats for supper?

Help Support CattleToday:

Decided to eat healthy tonight.

Frittata with/1 potato,1 yellow squash, 1 small zuchinni, 1 red chili pepper, onions,grilled eggplant, a little chopped pepperoni, 6 eggs, 1 cup of fresh herbs(basil,tarragon, oregano) chopped and beaten into the eggs, 1/4 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano(imported), 2 slices of provolone.

IMG_1032_edited.jpg

hillsdown":36ogogph said:
I have never had eggplant that I remember, is it good and what is the best way to prepare it?

One of my favorites is eggplant parmesan. Easy to make and tastes kinda like meat.

We had breakfast for supper tonight and the sausage and eggs were both homegrown. Pretty good change of pace.

3way, that's a good looking dish!

3waycross":1fbwezg8 said:
1982vett":1fbwezg8 said:
TexasBred":1fbwezg8 said:
hmmmm......didnt' even think about that. Might call up some of the guys and see what they're doing tonight......drive back to town and have a couple of cold beers with them. Maybe eat one of those nasty looking pickled pigs feet they keep in the jar on top of the bar....that should make the cover flutter.
I'd check to see how thick the dust is on the lid before I ate one. :p Goes for the eggs too....

There's no substitute for experience, is there?

:lol: Proud to say i was never tempted (or dared) to try em, mainly...no, the condition of the jar had nothing to do with it but I've seen some of those jars that had to be a decade old. :lol:

Tonight, sliced sausage link stir-fried with mixed vegetables. Quick and easy.

That looks delicious 3way.. :clap:

This is the last one I made, the cheese is in the middle. Quick, easy and delicious. Mr. HD like cheese bread with his.

IMG_1843.jpg

hillsdown":1447vbpu said:
That looks delicious 3way.. :clap:

This is the last one I made, the cheese is in the middle. Quick, easy and delicious. Mr. HD like cheese bread with his.

IMG_1843.jpg
Shoot, now I'm hungry again. :p

Yum-yum..
About the eggplant--If you have a regular eggplant,slice in half inch slices, round or long,soak the slices in a bowl of salted water for about 15 min. you may have to weight them down-these kind are slightly bitter. If you are lucky enough to find the Japineese kind(long and slinder) the soak can be skipped..Batter eggplant slices like chicken fried steak,fry til golden brown....
OH,eggplant soak up a lot of oil-----also do not peel before cooling,they get real tender and will tear..
Anything battered and fried has got to be good!

3waycross":dar8hhn9 said:
Decided to eat healthy tonight.

Frittata with/1 potato,1 yellow squash, 1 small zuchinni, 1 red chili pepper, onions,grilled eggplant, a little chopped pepperoni, 6 eggs, 1 cup of fresh herbs(basil,tarragon, oregano) chopped and beaten into the eggs, 1/4 cup of grated parmigiano reggiano(imported), 2 slices of provolone.

IMG_1032_edited.jpg

Looks a heck of a lot better than the pigs feet and pickled boiled eggs and beer.

Hamburgers and baked beans tonight! Going to fire up the grill and break out the beer. And not necessarily in that order.........

The wife and kids went to Denver to see the Cirque de Soliel. I am living on brats and beer for 2 days> :banana:

Latest posts