What was your first tractor?

Help Support CattleToday:

I inherited some tractors, and recently bought a New Holland TL100, but I learned to drive on a Ford 9N and a John Deere 60. I'll never forget that hand clutch on the 60. I was pretty young, so when I wanted to stop I'd stand up, grab that clutch with both hands, and rare back for all I was worth and hope for the best.

Rafter S":1tb55qy4 said:
but I learned to drive on .......a John Deere 60. I'll never forget that hand clutch on the 60.
Drove my brother-in-laws a bunch. Worse than that hand clutch was trying to get used to a steering wheel that stood up nearly vertical like a ship's wheel..

greybeard":1xrj0zab said:
Rafter S":1xrj0zab said:
but I learned to drive on .......a John Deere 60. I'll never forget that hand clutch on the 60.
Drove my brother-in-laws a bunch. Worse than that hand clutch was trying to get used to a steering wheel that stood up nearly vertical like a ship's wheel..

I kind of liked that vertical steering wheel. And if you got tired of sitting you could drive standing up a while. I remember my father's partner used to step out on the axle and pee while driving with one hand. "Kids, don't try this at home."

1967 Ford 5000 that was converted to MFWD by a company in England named Roadless. Tractor was used in the woods extensively for logging before I got it. Got it with a twisted off PTO shaft in-between the transmission and transfer box. Split it and did a clutch and the two broken shafts and its been going strong ever since.

3000 Ford. Kept it for 22 years til it shorted out and burned. Have a 135 Massey diesel now. Both pretty tough

International Pedal tractor I got it when my granddad got a new 574 international in 1974 and I have both of them today.

I've never had a tractor that was mine alone; I've always inherited or shared expense. The tractor I learned to drive with for many years was a Ferguson 30 exactly like this one.

well ive bought 3 4wd drive loader tractors starting in 2010.1 was mx5100 hst 4x4 rops loader.2 trade the mx5100hst for a 2012 7040su rops loader 4x4.3 traded the 7040 for a 2112 case 110a cab 4x4 fel.so ive done good in 7yrs.

Caustic Burno":2ibitm04 said:
Bigfoot":2ibitm04 said:
My junior year of high school, I bought a 135 Massey Ferguson. Should have been around '87. It was a 1971 model, almost certain I gave $3500 for it. Far more valuable, than the truck I was driving at the . Kept it probably ten years, and sold it for $3500. Never made a single major repair to that old thing. My current tractor, has been in the shop more, the last year than it has been out. I need to try and wag to town early this week. I miss the old days, when they made to last.

My first new one was a 67 135 when I sold it in 07 it was still humming along.

you can visit site https://machinerymarketplace.net

Massey 65 diesel with power steering. Unsure of year. 50's. Smokes like a chimney but has pulled anything I've put behind it. Learned to drive on a JD 3020 diesel narrow front end. Great tractor

Latest posts