What to kill poision ivy and broadleaf weeds but not oak trees

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
I've got some oaks and hickory trees ranging 138"-150" around at about 4ft above the ground that are starting to get bad poision ivy around them wanna kill it but not the tree any advice dad always said stay outside the shade line with weed/brush killer but that ain't gonna help me here they got a big shade line

I think that Glysophate on the Ivy will take care of it. It is a systemic and a small amount on the bark won't hurt. If you are really concerned, take a small paintbrush and paint it on the Ivey leaves.

If they're that big, use Remedy (a.i. triclopyr). Do not use Remedy on smaller trees because it will travel (volatilize). First you will need to cut any vines that are climbing up the trees beyond the point at which you will be spraying.

i've sprayed 2,4-d amine on poison ivy around large oak trees with no problems that i know of. but in the heat may volatilize.

ga.prime said:
If they're that big, use Remedy (a.i. triclopyr). Do not use Remedy on smaller trees because it will travel (volatilize). First you will need to cut any vines that are climbing up the trees beyond the point at which you will be spraying.

Hasn't started climbing yet wanna kill it before it does

Latest posts