What size bull calves have the best oysters?

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers

Reaction score
Have never thought about it because I don't eat them but just wondering what size calf has the best. We are going to be cutting about 30 calves. By the time we cut them they will be pushing 400.

I think its more in the way they are fixed than the size. But I have never had any fixed just right. I have eaten them but probably wont go back for seconds.

Deepsouth":1j91cr6m said:
kenny thomas":1j91cr6m said:
I think its more in the way they are fixed than the size. But I have never had any fixed just right. I have eaten them but probably wont go back for seconds.

Could there possibly be a way to "fix them right"? :yuck:
I really don't think so but then some people like chitlins too.

Angus Cowman":3rn67nh6 said:
jedstivers":3rn67nh6 said:
Angus Cowman":3rn67nh6 said:
Don't worry Boss
Bubba is already planning on having a calf fry
We have got them all taken care of
I knew something wasn't right about him.
He77 he is from Arkansas and named Bubba so what tipped you off
That he hangs out with a wayward Missouri hillbilly was a good clue.

Guys who like them around here say 300-400lb are the best. They have big calf fries with lots of beer parties around here they invite me but I stay away nasty.

We've eaten them from babies up to probably 600. Slice them thin, bread them, and deep fry. Nothing much better especially with a belly full of beer to go along. Fried some deer nuts a couple of years ago. Good stuff.

I remember seeing a special on South American Cowboys, I can't spell what they are called.
Anyway they had a cooker made out of a disc blade and we're cooking them righty nature corral.
Iv been wanting to make one of those cookers a while, had some crew here a fer years ago that cooked on one and they could really cook.

Latest posts