WHAT SIRES ARE USING FOR AI SPRING 16

Help Support CattleToday:

cjschmitt

Reaction score
I am going to use the following sires for spring 2016. Give me your thoughts. Who are you using and why?
Connealy confidence 0100
Connealy Capitalist 028
SAV Recharge 3436
VDAR Really windy 4097

Bought some Capitalist yesterday from my SS rep.

Also using Hoover Dam, Reserve, maybe Absolute for heifers

If I had more cows we'd also use Resource, War Party, Mustang, and Outright

SS rep said demand is high for Courage, Confidence, Capitalist, and a new young bull ('14) Mill Brae Identified. He also mentioned Butkus and Traction

Capitalist is now + on $EN, Hoover Dam's has improved dramtically too, around -5.

Long story short, our list is geared towards improving our cow herd

Here is my line up for my registered Brangus: MC Gamechanger and Catawba Warrior

However, I do have a little over sixty black angus commercial heifers that Im looking to A.I. next month, Anyone recommend a good LBW and CED black angus bull that has semen well worth the $?

I dont think confidence is being collected any longer. Its dissapointing to me because he does a lot of things right for me. Excellent moderate framed females with lots of meat in the hind quarter and stand on a dang good set of feet and legs.

Will mostly be cleaning out remaining inventory, but will have to replenish a bit, as we've almost doubled the Spring herd.

Silverwood Dragon 4Y & Northstar Vernon - Braunvieh sires; will have about 4-5 straws of each left over from the fall breeding season...will put them in the top black cows in the spring herd.
Will probably be laying in another cane each of the following Shorthorn sires:
Waukaru Patent 8161
DRC 101VM
(Dover)
RS DV 729 01 034 04 - aka '034'
Probably will need another Simmental in the tank... PRS Blazin' Hot W192 calves this fall have been so nice, I'm inclined to go back to him again
JF Milestone 999W will go in a Triple C Singletary daughter or two
Probably have a few straws of CLRS AfterShock 604A left, and some Gardens Next Wave HE17...but I don't know where (or if) I'll be using them on anything in the Spring herd...

SAV Priority
S Chisum
Sitz Investment
AAR Ten X.

Hope to use three of the four listed. Any feed back anyone has would be appreciated. Used Priority, Chisum and Investment last June and I'm anxiously waiting to see stuck.

Aubrac:
Andalou (recent French import)
Heros (very old French import)
Goeland (very old French import and half brother of Heros)

Mashona:
WR 610 or WR 337

Currently sitting on Homedale Creole 135 and a son the of 010 Royal Accomplished bull. Hopefully I can get some Patent 8161 and some Kalimouri Meat Packer semen. Also need a semi-calving ease option for a Creole 135 1st calf heifer for her 2nd calf, preferably a more production-oriented bull, though I have been considering I-80, depending on how her 1st black PLUS calf sells in March.

Shortybreeder,
If you didn't know, Patent 8161 (and several other Waukaru sires, as well) is available from Origen; I just order through my ABS rep.

2nd calf breeding... I don't cut 'em much slack. W. Goldmine 2109 is safe even for virgin heifers, and still has more growth than a lot of higher BWepd Shorthorns.
I'd feel comfortable breeding a first-calf heifer to W. Coppertop 464 for her second calf... all the Coppertops here, out of 2nd calvers or older, have come unassisted.

Our calving time is January, february so we will wait and see if we use some A.I. bulls back but Wr Wrangler W601 will have some heifers for a third year.

dun":3eg3bcuy said:
Citadel
Basin Hobo
Sakic
R294
Autobahn
Dun using some Autobahn this year? I think I may pull it out of hiding to make some 3/4 Simmentals this year.

Angus
SAC Conversation
Consensus 7229
Bando 9074
Bismark
Remedy

Simmental
Top Ten
Corn Husker
Autobahn
Sharper Image

Till-Hill":184831rw said:
dun":184831rw said:
Citadel
Basin Hobo
Sakic
R294
Autobahn
Dun using some Autobahn this year? I think I may pull it out of hiding to make some 3/4 Simmentals this year.
Only have 2 units left, probably will use them on his great granddaughters. Or maybe a couple of R294 daughters

dun":3a035yu3 said:
Till-Hill":3a035yu3 said:
dun":3a035yu3 said:
Citadel
Basin Hobo
Sakic
R294
Autobahn
Only have 2 units left, probably will use them on his great granddaughters. Or maybe a couple of R294 daughters

Dun how are the R294 daughters? Have any purebreds? And is Basin Hobo Red angus?

JHH":12e957vi said:
dun":12e957vi said:
Dun how are the R294 daughters? Have any purebreds? And is Basin Hobo Red angus?
The R294 cows are 1/2 him and 1/4 Red Angus and either 1/4 Gelbvieh r 1/4 Simmenthal. Hobo is Red Angus but is no longer available. Several years ago ABS only had 30 some units of him left. I bought most of it and someone I told about it bought the rest. His main strength is udders. His daughters and granddaughters all have r better udders then we started with. Used him on a couple f real raggedy uddered cows, one that had blown out as a first calver. Her daughter and grandaughters have all had really good udders and no signs of going to crap like their mother/grandmother did. We kept them as an experiment and it has really turned out for the good. She was so badly blown out that we shipped her for slaughter when she weaned her one and only calf.

Latest posts