what peeves me

Help Support CattleToday:

Agree with all but one thing. I don't be believin Father YHWH nor his Son be carin too much what I be dressed in when I go churchin.I be there ta worship, not please the brothers and sisters.

Another one.

Finding out about a web site really late in the game. Finally joining in and finding out that all of your handles have been taken. Go through the entire alphabet and come up with something like "backhoeboogie".

ALACOWMAN":zlpphsef said:
flaboy+":zlpphsef said:
Tires that leak.
Tires that are flat.
Batteries that are half dead.
Engines that won't start.
Gates that sag.
Flaboy sounds like your having trouble with that ol ford again ;-)

Naw, if only everything ran like my Fords :)

Tires that leak. = Lawn mower
Tires that are flat. = Flatbed gooseneck
Batteries that are half dead. = Lawn mower
Engines that won't start. = Pressure washer ;-)

A couple of things that get under my skin:
When you go to a fast food restaraunt and you stand in line for 10 minutes while people get to the cash register and start asking their kids what they want to eat. You have been in line 10 minutes and the menu is right in front of you, KNOW what you want before you step in front of the register---if you dont, then ask people behind you to go in front because you dont know what you want.
When you go into a convenience store to pay for gas and there are people in front of you that are at the cash register buying lottery tickets. They have to look for different kinds and it takes time to print the tickets and slows up everyone. By law, they should have to have a seperate register for lottery tickets. If you want to steal money from your family by buying lottery tickets, that is legal, but you shouldnt be robbing other people of their time by doing it.

Using credit cards at fast food places.
Retired folks going to the bank at lunch time.
Retired folks going anywhere at lunch time.
Fat women in tight clothes.
Cars with speakers you can hear blocks away.
Cars with mufflers bigger than the engine.
Kids who wear their caps backwards or sideways.
Kids who's underwear is showing.
Fat girls exposing their tummy.
Mom's who let their 12 YO girls dress like hookers.
Horses that bite.

Standing in a grocery line with only a couple of items and the person in front of you has their entire cart full and wouldn't dare think of allowing you to check out in front of them.

Kids that throw fits in a checkout line wanting candy, toys, etc.. (whatever happened to parents looking at their kids and just say, "No" w/o any repercussions)

People that stand in doorways or hallways and talk to people

Tailgaters

Not saying thank you and please

People that take more than one parking place

Those that on purpose take two parking places because they have nice cars and take them close to building instead of back of lot.

People that take Handicapped parking when they are not Handicapped.

People that talk on cellphone non stop

Young whippersnappers thinking the world should just stop and wait on them going to the bank at lunch time.
Young whippersnappers folks going anywhere driving like there ass is on fire and their head is catching passing you like a manic at lunch time just to have to set beside them at the light.
Young whippersnappers that buy everthing with plastic no matter where you go and have trouble with their pin ;-) yeah right.

a few things that are pet peeves:

Calling the phone company, and getting someone who can't talk english .....

Middle aged, pudgy men who get all bent out shape because a young, pretty woman turns them down -- I mean, come on guys ... if us old pudgy ladies wouldn't go out with ya why would you think the young pretty ones should? ........

Parents who allow their children to run wild in a store -- what I wouldn't give to have a Tazer at that point .........

People with NO sense of humor ........

tools left in hall way so can't open front door properly,
tools left in garden to go rusty in rain
front and back doors left open when it is -4 outside
the car left in gear, then told I have left a cup on the side table
and not in the dishwasher, I load every time.
and biggest of all
ODD SOCKS IN WASHING MACHINE. I'm sure they eat them!!!

Got a new one to add today. Called Atwoods Farm supply to see how much Wire Cattle Panels were going for.

After talking to two different people (teens) they had no idea what they were. Never could get price before I got mad and hung up. Guess it is TSC no matter what the price is.

"People that work in farm stores but have no idea what anything is"

"People that work in any kind of store but have no idea about the products they sale.

# 1 peeve

you loan something out and it don,t come back

#2 peeve it comes back damaged or with extras
Or in the case of my lifejacket.It comes back in July with a tub of minnows in the pocket and you find out when you go to use it in August.

frenchie":9qzv629g said:
# 1 peeve

Or in the case of my lifejacket.It comes back in July with a tub of minnows in the pocket and you find out when you go to use it in August.

#1) Where do you store your life jacket that you couldn't smell the fish rotting, and

#2) Did wrap up the leftovers and take them back to their owners?

;-)

chrisy":wytg6ar9 said:
and biggest of all ODD SOCKS IN WASHING MACHINE. I'm sure they eat them!!!

I would have to agree with you, Chrisy. It tends to frost my butt, too! :mad:

TnWI":lz7t0g5m said:
frenchie":lz7t0g5m said:
# 1 peeve

#1) Where do you store your life jacket that you couldn't smell the fish rotting, and

#2) Did wrap up the leftovers and take them back to their owners?

All my boating gear goes in a small shed .Which is a ways from the house...when my friend returned I just gave him the key He just hung the life jackets up on hooks in the shed and left:lol:

He bought me a couple of new life jackets out of that deal..

la4angus":7s9xcbwj said:
frenchie":7s9xcbwj said:
He bought me a couple of new life jackets out of that deal..
Many times that's what it takes to break em of the habit.

It broke him alright ..he won,t borrow anything now.

Personally I hate borrowing anything, if I need it that bad I would buy it.

aplusmnt":266pazwa said:
Got a new one to add today. Called Atwoods Farm supply to see how much Wire Cattle Panels were going for.

After talking to two different people (teens) they had no idea what they were. Never could get price before I got mad and hung up. Guess it is TSC no matter what the price is.

"People that work in farm stores but have no idea what anything is"

"People that work in any kind of store but have no idea about the products they sale.

I'm sure that any interview people have for working in a shop (Store), the one question they are all asked and if they get it right their in is 'If it aint on the shelf, we aint got none' as most youngsters in shop's are as useful as a 'Chocolate Teapot'. :dunce:

Latest posts