what peeves me

Help Support CattleToday:

Our church is a country church where country gospel as well as contemporary songs are normal. People dress in clean, jeans or carhartt's and nice cowboy boots. It's not dressing down, but dressing in normal country attire which is respectful.

No one is looked down on for what they wear to church. Many people dress up...but it isn't a requirement for worshipping and praising the living God. He knows the hearts.

I don't "dress up" for church, but I don't wear barn clothes either -- however if I had to, I would like to think that God would be just as happy to see me.

Over the years I have come to a conclusion that it's whats in a man's heart, not how he dresses, that counts in church. I know many that "dress to the 9" for church, and once they leave, they proceed to break the 10 commandments, sometimes 2 at a time!

* crumbs in the butter dish
* those folks in the passing lane going 5 mph less than the limit and they won't get over!
* when stuff gets used and not returned to it's proper place
* anything that comes out of my sister's mouth

At the fast food window knowing you have less than a 50-50 chance of getting your order right... how hard is it to hold the pickle?

Kids and wife that can't put the tool back where they got it if there life depended on it.

People who write a check for $1.97

Doing 75 on the freeway just to have some kid fly by you like your standing still weaving in and out of traffic.

People who stand in front of you waiting for a toddler to make a discission... she 3, it's okay to be a parent and tell her what she gets.

People who wear shorts when it's raining and 40 degrees.

People who want you to think they live the life of champange and cavier (sp) when you know they hardly have beer money.

Air heads

Having to go ankle deep in the mud because your wifes @&#^@ horse won't come to you.

My wifes &#^%@%# horse, I hate that ^#$&% thing.

I have to agree with a couple of others;

People who wake up grumpy all the time... honey.

Pudgy girls showing belly.

Fat women in spandex

Flat tires

Old guys that think they're evey womens dream

People that ask to borrow your pocket knife, because they are not grown up enough to keep up with one or think they are a screwdriver. Borrowing the pocket knife aint happening.

Alan":fw2rzqcq said:
People who wear shorts when it's raining and 40 degrees.

40 is cold?

I went shopping yesterday and have a new ones to add:

:shock: Men who wear to small, or too loose of pants -- just a FYI guys, NO ONE wants to see your underwear and/or whats under them.

:shock: Women in the "hip hugger" jeans -- if you aren't 10lbs less then your average weight they don't belong on your hips! I watched 2 young girls, about 17 walking around with short tops and these kinds of jeans on, with "love handles" over the belt ....where were their parents when they walked out the door?

when in church I seem to pay more attention to what the sermon is about than what people are wearing.

while in a resturant eating my little wife can just about tell you what everyone was wearing, while I can talk to someone for a half hour and don't even remember what color shirt he had on.

Tells me this is just a woman thing.

Calman":31bb5okf said:
when in church I seem to pay more attention to what the sermon is about than what people are wearing.

while in a resturant eating my little wife can just about tell you what everyone was wearing, while I can talk to someone for a half hour and don't even remember what color shirt he had on.

Tells me this is just a woman thing.

Does it bother you in church when someone walks in, maybe a little late, with sun glasses on and shirt open with t- shirt under it? It does me.

Alan

Yea alan that would probably get my attention and tend to bother me.I guess what i'm really trying to say is if I had to go somewhere wearing a suit and tie I could not relax and be cmmfortable. But on the other hand I have nothing against those who can. To me it's not what you wear its how you wear it. You can dress slopy or you can be neat.

ps I sure hope we get this Dress Code straightend out.

Okay, big beef number two.

Getting company during calving season that wear their CHORING FOOTWEAR to our place. :mad:

It's enough of a challenge fighting the bugs we've got in our barnyard without having someone gift us with what's alive and kicking at their place.

Take care.

I have stayed out of the Church dress code, due to having enough things I say making people mad. But since things have been calm for me last few days I will jump into it :D

I believe there is times that a person should show respect for the event you are at. Funerals, Weddings and Church are probably the big three. I do not think you should miss important events like these if you do not have a suit or dress. But if you have them and or have the means to obtain them, I think you wear clothes that are widely accepted as Dress clothes. Your hair should be combed and you should be groomed nicely.

Now if you are extremely poor and you are invited to church by someone, I hope that not having dress clothes to wear would not hinder your going, and those at Church should still make you fill welcome. But if you continue to want to go to church, I believe there will be options for you to get some dress clothes.

Yes God judges what is on the inside, but he deserves respect, and he certainly demands it also. So we should show it to him and not cheapen his place of worship if at all possible!

Ps. I think there might be some scriptures that support this but I might have to do some research on that. Maybe some past examples in the bible.

Dress decent and respectful for church. For some churches it could be neat jeans and shirt. For others it could be a coat and tie. Depends upon the local customs. Probably the same for funerals.
As for weddings, I went to one and have seen no reason to go to another.

how about cows that prolapse.
hay that shatters instead of unrolling.
hay with plastic and/or strings rolled up in it.
purchased hay with miscellaneous objects in it such as shattered sunglasses or shoes.
finding a winning scratch off ticket in a roll of hay only to find it has expired.

before i retired i made a list of things that retired people seemed to do that irritated me and vowed not to do them
1: not to do my banking friday afternoon at the time most people are getting off work and wanting to cash a check
2:not to grocery shopping when people are trying to pick up something for supper and get home from a days work
3:while checking out of a store and a bunch of people waiting on me to pay a $19.99
bill i dig thru my wallet getting $19.00 and then digging for .99 cents only to find i a a few cents short and have to use a $20.00 anyway
4:try to stay off the steets and or roads during peak hours, i have all day to complete my transactions why not do them when it is the least bother to others who are in a hurry
just a few things that i try to do not to be a pet peeve

I know this was posted earlier in this thread, but I was lucky enough to be a small corner market. I was behind a lady (in her 50's) that bought a lottery ticket and stood in the same spot to scratch the ticket. She did look at me twice while she was doing it, the nice guy that I am, I just reached around her and put my items on the counter anyway than reached over her shoulder to pay for my items (maybe a little close to he ear on purpose) 8) 8) .

Just things that peeve me though the day.

Alan

what peeves me is people that hold a grudge and whine, at the least thing, :mad:
and those that say one thing and then do the complete opposite, or blatently lie. say what you mean and get over it, life is to short for grudges. (It's my ball and I'm going home)

If I was young and knew what I know now.

What makes you think you would go by what you already know?
your young and rebelious mind would make you try something different anyhow.
after all you've learned from your mistakes put it to use now
don't just sit back and wish you were young and do it.

seing things getting done is the best for our younger generation. we all know just telling them just don't work.
best way I know of to pass along our rewards from the school of hard knocks.

GIT ER DONE Cal

Latest posts