what peeves me

Help Support CattleToday:

- Dirtbags that throw their trash out the window anywhere they please.

- Ted Kennedy and his croney John Kerry.

- Folks probably don't know any better, but visitors who stand right in the path of a herd of cattle you're trying to pen. Turns the herd back on you every time.

- Leaving a terminal animal lay without putting it down.

- Driving a herd with new calves. You're sure to end up with a bunch of dobies after that stunt.

When you go to Church, you are entering the house of God and you should dress and act with respect toward Him. Different people can afford different types of clothing, and a person is just as guilty of being disrespectful by dressing to try to show how much money they have as they can be by dressing dirty or trashy. If jeans are your best, they are respectful for you. God knows in your heart why you dressed as you did. That is enough of a guide for anyone to go by.

stocky":5hn5725d said:
When you go to Church, you are entering the house of God and you should dress and act with respect toward Him. Different people can afford different types of clothing, and a person is just as guilty of being disrespectful by dressing to try to show how much money they have as they can be by dressing dirty or trashy. If jeans are your best, they are respectful for you. God knows in your heart why you dressed as you did. That is enough of a guide for anyone to go by.

Good post a man's wealth is not measured by what's in his checking account but what is in his heart. There is evil and hate in the world we will never to be wipe out look at the Palestians and the Jews decendants of the same father, you have the same ignorance in this country towards other people.

ollie'":1rjdxvl7 said:
certherfbeef":1rjdxvl7 said:
Have you ever pulled a calf in a dress?

No sir. I have not.
Have you?????

Hubby doesn't go to church with me, So I don't have to do chores on sunday mornings, he takes care of that.
No Certherfbeef, all the calves I ever pulled were naked. :lol:[/quote]

Aww Cert, you fell for it hook line and sinker!!!!!!
4.gif

now my best isn't jeans but last I checked it don't matter to God what you wear. I'll put a crease in a pair of wranglers and where those, just my opinion.

Help!

Well, this topic was originally about what peeves you, and even though it's nothing to do with religious beliefs, I'd like to take the time to post my biggest beef (no pun intended):

Gates and Honey in any combination!

Although I love Honey dearly, he is the most frustrating person when it comes to gates.

A third of the time when Honey chores or works stock, he'll absent-mindedly leave at least one gate open (this is a conservative estimate).

This can be very frustrating when you have a herd of cattle:
A) roaring off down the road;
B) getting into the hay-yard;
C) getting into the kidling's 4H steers' grain;
D) high-tailing it into the hayfields;
E) bolting out the sorting corrals (usually when you've got cattle liners waiting to be loaded and the brand inspector hanging over the fence);
F) and this morning he threw in an open gate to the horse pasture so I had twenty-five head of horses tearing helter-skelter up and down the hillsides..as a matter of fact, they're still not back in their pasture (finally got them gated into one of the areas we put new pairs, but forty acres and a chinook wind do not make for easy-horse catching...figure that by the time I check cows again they'll be ready to go to their home pasture).

God grant me patience, but personally I'm getting to the point where I wish he'd just let me do all the choring, especially as if he's around when I notice the animals are out, he has a right hairy conniption fit if he has to help put them back where he let them out in the first place!

I've tried to gently point out that he needs to remember to close the gates, but that just usually puts him into an insulted huff.... any suggestions from other folks with 'Gate-Dislexic-Spouses/Significant Others'? Pretty please?

Take care...I'm off to check cows.

CattleAnnie":2ohqvotn said:
any suggestions from other folks with 'Gate-Dislexic-Spouses/Significant Others'? Pretty please?

Take care...I'm off to check cows.
How about cattle guards?

No gate dyslexia here, but I do have a pet peeve to share. It's people who are too stubborn to read directions on a new tool/piece of equipment. My wife is the worst person I know for this. Although it doesn't really hurt anything, it really aggravates the tar out of me. I mean, the manufacturer puts them in the box for a reason, and you would think that the manufacturer (being as they made the device) would know how to use it. It's mostly with cooking devices and recipes. Instead of reading, she likes to see if she can figure out how to do it, or make it her own way. 99.999% of the time, it takes her about 4 tries to get it to come out right, which on the 4th try she ends up doing it just like the directions would have told her to do it the first try. She gets the stubborness honestly though, it's bred into her from both sides of her family. :lol:

We understand each other perfectly though, because my thoughts on her stubborness are equalled only by her thoughts of my laziness when it comes to household chores. :lol:

Ain't love grand!! :heart:

I hate it when someone watches me struggling with a chore and then when I'm finished has the nerve to tell me how I should have done it.

Example: For the last several monthls I have been feeding 2 round bales twice a week, alone. I back the hay buggy into the hay yard up under a bale, winch it up and drive it to the pasture, drop the bale, pick up the hay ring, drop it around the bale and remove the string then go back for another bale.

Yesterday a friend was standing at the fence of the hay yard watching and waiting for me to finish my chores. I couldn't get that darn buggy to back straight up to a bale to save my soul. He then proceeded to tell me how to back a trailer/hay buggy. Then I snagged a post with the trailer tire on my way out of the hay yard. I wanted to strangle him!

Well some of the best meetings ive been to is were every one is in one mind and one accord . not there to be seen but to worship the LORD. sometimes the preacher never says a word and more people get saved and lives or changed. this to me is what church is about. we can get bogged down by traditions and let them get in the way.

:shock:1. He Lets the dog in and NOT wiping off the muddy paws.
2. He reminds me that the water tanks are getting low( are his
legs broken? can he not roll out the hose? :x
3. Any one driving tractors- trucks through my yard. ( There
is a circle driveway! )
4. Hit the gate with the tractor-- if I did that, I would be
some sort of moron! :roll:
5. Piles up most of the driveway gravel in piles ( this is discovered after he has "plowed the drive of snow" and it has then melted to reveal the mountains of gravel :eek:
6. Refilling the horses water buckets and NOT dumping out the old water. One of the horses dunks his hay. Do you know what
that rotten mess smells and looks like after 24 hours?? :mad
7Constantly asking when is it time to go home, when at a cattle or horse show. :( I know that he does not enjoy my
stuff-- this year he can stay home-- )
8.Kids leaving the grooming items strewn all over the place :roll:

Here is the short list of what peves me:

Men that won't work
Women that won't cook
Kids that won't obey
Dogs that won't hunt
Horses
Cows that won't take a calf

Tires that leak.
Tires that are flat.
Batteries that are half dead.
Engines that won't start.
Gates that sag.

Tools not put away
Anything that was ran out of, and nobody let mom know to pick some more up
- milk
- gas (cans)
Chains or electric cords left on the ground and then get frozen there
Tools not put away left in pockets and go thru washer/dryer
Pop cans in the burn barrel

Parking lots at Lowes and Home Depot. There is barely enough space to get one of those little Japanese turbo charged go carts in. I am usually peddling a one ton. Seems someone from outside of here must have engineered the parking. This is Texas for Pete's sake. My dually rear wheels are hanging into both adjacent lanes. The Front of the truck is as far up as it can go and the back of it is hanging out into the lane.

The fact that Lowes and Home Depot put our old home town maw and paw lumber yard out of business and they don't stock grade 8 bolts in anything larger than 1/2".

Southerners being portrayed as idiots on TV and the movies.
Preachers being portrayed as fools on TV and the movies.
Kids not having any idea about their heritage.
Kids not having any chores to do at home.
Parents that let these same kids ride up and down the road at will.

backhoeboogie":2qa8lha3 said:
The fact that Lowes and Home Depot put our old home town maw and paw lumber yard out of business and they don't stock grade 8 bolts in anything larger than 1/2".
You may have to travel a little bit, but ask around. Other dealers, maybe farm supply people may be interested in makling special orders. Home Depot and Lowes can be taken down a few notches, with some help from the buying public.

A6gal":1q5e8wub said:
I hate it when someone watches me struggling with a chore and then when I'm finished has the nerve to tell me how I should have done it.

Along the same lines, asking someone for advice when I'm not sure how to do something, have them tell me that it will work, it doesn't work and they then tell me 'I could have told you it wouldn't work!' :mad: :mad:

1.people who wake up grumpy
2. indian givers
3.men who don't take their hats off for dinner
4.people who wake up grumpy
5.talking on the phone to a automatic system.
6. answering the phone, and hearing a recording.
8.people who wake up grumpy
9.reality shows
10. people who wake up grumpy

Latest posts