What off farms occupations do people have?

Help Support CattleToday:

Retired Law Enforcement from Southern California, We now live in Texas. My wife and I now own a Organic Fertilizer Manufacturing Co. We specialize in Hay and Grazing pastures.

Hospital Patient Advocate and I do some Management training as I have been told I have the gift of gab.
Hopefully heading to Auctioneer school later this spring - got my master's degree in 2000, don't really want to go back to school - again !

sent this to crowder earlier and was asked to post it under here. here is crowders off (and maybe on) farm occupation:

*upon further thought, decided to move this to Crowders post on TN q's. didn't want anyone to stray from current topic.*

as for my off farm occupation, i work as a dispatcher for the local police department and i go to school full time. i'm going to get that degree if it kills me. :p

Recently retired from the Navy. 20 years as a mechanic there and have a master's in Mechanical Engineering so if the cows don't work out right I'll just go design "stuff" for some company lol.

The hubby works for the State Prison system, supervisor in the machine shop part of it, previously (9 years) as a guard. I recently ( I guess you could say retired) lol I quite my job of 8 years as a dental assistant to work the ranch full time. Which I like a whole lot more than bein couped up in an office.

My husband is a quality assurance manager at a manufactured housing plant and I've been home since December. Before that, I was a program coordinator at a local mental health mental retardation agency.

I never thought that staying home would be so hard!

I work in the oilfield, Right now I'm a directional driller,
I work on the drilling rigs , so my office changes every time,
I'm on call 24/7 , so when they are ready for me , they call me , or Email me the directions , and I take off to the rig.
The projects are usually 7-10 day projects , but they can stretch out to 2-3 weeks.
The longest I've been on a project was 38 days!
Work is mostly in Texas , But I have gone to Oklahoma,Louisiana,New Mexico,Mississippi,Michigan,West Virginia,& Venezuela.
I have a good wife that takes good care of my daughters , (And the stock), while I'm away.
When I get home I usually have a long list of "Honey do's"

buckaroo_bif":3d649927 said:
I am a part time barfly.
no just kidding!

Bif, you just kidding about the part time part; as in your a full time barfly?

I've never seen crowder get so quite as when someone posted about his model wife and handcuff's.

I'm a boring manager over Quality Control and Shipping at a plastics plant, and the wife is a programmer for the state of LA. (but she still couldn't fix warpaint's computer)

Latest posts